Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slīck

08-08-2009

I just read this thread yesterday so I hope I'm not repeating a question that has been asked since then.

But can anyone tell me how to turn off auto attack? It seems like my champion can't stand still near enemy creeps and starts firing as soon as they come within range. I'd like to turn it off to help me get last hits so I don't get caught in between shots when I need to hit a creep.

Stumpster

Adjudicator

08-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
I just read this thread yesterday so I hope I'm not repeating a question that has been asked since then.

But can anyone tell me how to turn off auto attack? It seems like my champion can't stand still near enemy creeps and starts firing as soon as they come within range. I'd like to turn it off to help me get last hits so I don't get caught in between shots when I need to hit a creep.
I honestly can't remember if there is a 'Hold/Stop' command. I usually just run around in circles or something. :P

Phalanx

08-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post

"H"

Lendari

Adjudicator

08-08-2009

Followed this from another thread, fantastic and well researched post.

DeaThShiNoBi

08-09-2009

"H" is hold position, but it does not stop auto attack, or at least I'm fairly certain it doesn't.

Now onto my question: I saw that if two players get the same item that has an aura, they are both affected by two auras, but the rest of the team is only affected by one aura. If the entire team gets the same item that has an aura, are they all affected by five auras, or is there a cap to this?

Second question: Do negative auras stack (say, magic resistance reduction to the enemy)? I'm guessing they don't, I just want to make sure.

Stumpster

Adjudicator

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaThShiNoBi View Post
Now onto my question: I saw that if two players get the same item that has an aura, they are both affected by two auras, but the rest of the team is only affected by one aura. If the entire team gets the same item that has an aura, are they all affected by five auras, or is there a cap to this?
The most you can be affected by is two auras. Your own aura and one other.

Quote:
Second question: Do negative auras stack (say, magic resistance reduction to the enemy)? I'm guessing they don't, I just want to make sure.
AFAIK, they don't.

DeaThShiNoBi

08-10-2009

The summary on the right of the rune book rounds the ending values for some runes; are the decimals it chops off still in effect, or do we need to consider where the "magic whole number" values are when placing runes?

EDIT: Another completely unrelated question: Looking at what you wrote for the diminishing returns on movement speed, it looks like as you pass the "major" cap on movement speed, the "minor" cap is shrugged off, at least if I understood that correctly.

So if your final movement speed is 451, then it would use the major formula, which is 450 + (451 - 450) * .5 = 450.5 movement speed. If your final movement speed is 449, then it uses the minor formula which is 370 + (449 - 370) * .8 = 433.2 movement speed. That can't be right, can it? Or did you just abreviate the formula (i.e. the 733 movement speed used in the example was already affected by the minor formula) just to make it simple, and most people wouldn't care anyway?

Stumpster

Adjudicator

08-10-2009

@ Rune Book

I think that some of the actual values on the runes are still off, so I would pay more attention to the right hand side.

@ Movement

They actually just changed the diminishing returns last patch, so I need to fix that anyways.

But to answer the question, I think that both movement caps are calculated and that example just doesn't show it.

ninjowned

08-11-2009

Should def be stickied, don't want to lose this thread with all those guides! Currently bookmarked :]

Lollerman

08-13-2009

Bump + question:

Is there a cap on return damage (a la Rammus Defense Curl/Thornmail) and does it stack additively or with diminishing returns?