Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illuminescence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2010

I have a question on a flat amount of magic penetration vs the % that i have. If the player I am attacking has 100 magic resist but I have the base 15% magic penetration with my sorcerer boots, does my magic deal damage after taking 15% resist off then 15 magic armor or does it automatically pick the one higher?

Haven Starke

11-08-2010

great job, very informative.

Cidthedarkangel

11-09-2010

Sorry if this was already asked, and if it seems silly, but can you adjust the camera? when i watch match videos online it alway seems like it's a different angle than what i use

TanktheAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2010

in one of the sets of patch notes i noticed it say something about an armor bonus for a turret with a friendly champion near it. is this still the case or has this been removed entirely? and if it is there is it increased for each champion that is near it or just one?

Britlind

11-28-2010

Does the thornmail dmg return occur before or after the damage is reduced by armor?

Celestialkey

12-08-2010

You can dodge spells actually.... Some spells will just be negated if you time certian moves properly. As a example, When Zil uses his bomb on you, if you properly time it with katarina, the bomb will deal no damage to you when you blink quickly. So spells can be dodged, you just have to abuse the invulnerabilities that traveling spells give.

TimRising

12-08-2010

Q: What are these diminishing movement returns? Slight Error with the math here, 490 + (748-490)*0.5 = 619

Choseph Stalin

Recruiter

12-08-2010

Why does the minimum surrender timing not lower with amount of players DC'ed, if 2-3 people are DC'ed or AFK the time is still 25, is this just lazy programming, or for some reason do you think that people will rejoin? Shouldn't there be an implemented means of early surrender if the entire team is DC'ed, had this occur b4, or if not a means for compensation for the AFK team?

starbringer

12-08-2010

wow... i feel stupid. i have been playing for awhile and knew nothing about the cooldown reduction or the attack speed cap. why is this not in the tutorials?

MeditationError

12-13-2010

With reference to the movespeed section, it is rather ambiguous on slows. I'd suggest clarifying a few things in that section:
item slows are considered unique, you get the single highest slow from items (randuin's active seems to be excepted, and cutlass based active slows are worth testing too).
All other slows stack multiplicatively.

I also did some calculations and came up with 80% returns between 210-195, and 50% below that.

( I posted the numbers I'm using and my working here: http://www.terawarosu.net/forums/vie...f=7&t=80&p=371 )

Edit: removed item numbers - I don't know them all off the top of my head.