Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeoIllusions

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-04-2009

Very informative post Stumpster. Nice job.

ketchup

08-05-2009

Bump for amazing information. Thanks. I wish this were stickied in this place or general help!

Engarde

Adjudicator

08-05-2009

Great job. Useful information for all. And if anyone asks, the movement speed cap is because (if my friend hasn't lied) you could have like 1000 speed Master Yi's flying across the map. Phantom dancers and highlander and boots and such.

Garak

08-05-2009

Don't forget Zilean's buff, Ghost, and Sivir's ult. Trust me, you really want the speed cap.

Lollerman

08-06-2009

Can we sticky this? Useful info, great FAQ, etc etc... way more useful than the stickies in the guide section we have now, IMO.

ninjowned

08-06-2009

You sir, are my hero.

Bubbs

08-06-2009

Is lifesteal affected by splash damage? On judicator for example if I have 20% lifesteal and I do 100 damage to my main target and 50 to two adjacent targets would I steal only the 20 life for the main target or would I steal 20 + 10 + 10 = 40 health?

Stumpster

Adjudicator

08-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbs View Post
Is lifesteal affected by splash damage? On judicator for example if I have 20% lifesteal and I do 100 damage to my main target and 50 to two adjacent targets would I steal only the 20 life for the main target or would I steal 20 + 10 + 10 = 40 health?
As far as I know, the only thing that splash does is apply damage in the area around where you hit, with nothing else applied. This means that you don't lifesteal in an area, you don't mana burn in an area, etc.

Engarde

Adjudicator

08-06-2009

Yeah, nothing applies to splash damage, or ricochet, or spray and pray. Including crits and Black Cleaver procs and other fun things. WIth good reason though.

Stumpster

Adjudicator

08-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engarde View Post
Yeah, nothing applies to splash damage, or ricochet, or spray and pray. Including crits and Black Cleaver procs and other fun things. WIth good reason though.
Actually, with both Tiamat and Ricochet because the bounces do a percentage of what the first enemy was hit with, critical hits cause more damage. With Spray and Pray, everything seems to work with each hit. Tested with Black Cleaver, and each enemy that was hit had reduced armor.