Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dunrambai

10-30-2009

Gangplank's and Ashe's abilities are considered magic damage and not physical correct? So armor pen wouldnt help gang plank's gun for example.

Stumpster

Adjudicator

10-30-2009

I'll need to experiment a bit but with Ashe I think that her Frost Arrow's slow is considered a 'magical effect' but the actual damage is physical. This is why if you have Morgana spell shield a target, they still get hurt by Ashe's attacks, but they aren't affected by the slowing affect.

As for Gangplank, his Parley ability is a little odd. Honestly, I'm not sure what it's considered because it's blocked by Morgana's spell shield (implies that it's a magical attack) but it can also miss if Gangplank is blinded (implies that it's a physical attack).

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpster View Post
I'll need to experiment a bit but with Ashe I think that her Frost Arrow's slow is considered a 'magical effect' but the actual damage is physical. This is why if you have Morgana spell shield a target, they still get hurt by Ashe's attacks, but they aren't affected by the slowing affect.

As for Gangplank, his Parley ability is a little odd. Honestly, I'm not sure what it's considered because it's blocked by Morgana's spell shield (implies that it's a magical attack) but it can also miss if Gangplank is blinded (implies that it's a physical attack).
Ashe's Frost Arrow attack is definitely physical. The spell just adds a slow to her normal attack.

Gangplank's Parley has always been an anomaly, because of the issue you spoke of.

Jazriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-01-2009

Soooo

Do item affects work on skills? Ashe's Volley doesn't say magic damage and it says it adds the damage to your pre-existing damage. So does that treat an arrow of Volley as an arrow she would normally fire? Does Frozen Mallet/Sheen apply to the arrows of Volley? What about her Ulti?

Shizz

11-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazriel View Post
Soooo

Do item affects work on skills? Ashe's Volley doesn't say magic damage and it says it adds the damage to your pre-existing damage. So does that treat an arrow of Volley as an arrow she would normally fire? Does Frozen Mallet/Sheen apply to the arrows of Volley? What about her Ulti?
They do, but now we have diminishing returns on slows, so the best slow takes effect first and if any additional slow is still active, it will apply next.

Not 100% sure on Volley, but I believe it's physical dmg with the slow (from frost arrow), although most spells cause magical dmg, so that's why I'm not 100% sure.

Ashe's ult is magical dmg and AP raises it.

Z0dd Imm0rtal

11-01-2009

Attack Speed is quirky, I can't figure it out.

Tristana:
Lvl 1 = .682 AS
Lvl 18 = .995 AS
Lvl 18 + Zeal (20%AS) = 1.126
1.126 - .995 = .131

20% = .131, .131 * 5 = 0.665

So it looks like % AS is ~based off your Level 1 AS. This is correct? Or is there also some formula for Deminishing returns?

toomad

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zod IM
Attack Speed is quirky, I can't figure it out.

Tristana:
Lvl 1 = .682 AS
Lvl 18 = .995 AS
Lvl 18 + Zeal (20%AS) = 1.126
1.126 - .995 = .131

20% = .131, .131 * 5 = 0.665

So it looks like % AS is ~based off your Level 1 AS. This is correct? Or is there also some formula for Deminishing returns?
AS = base attack speed * ((1+(AS per level % increase/100)*(level-1))+(% increased AS though items etc)/100))

so for Tristana it is :

0.65 * ((1 + ((3.1 / 100) * (18 - 1))) + (20 / 100)) = 1.12255 rounded to 1.126

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=16486 -> my spreadsheet has many answers as I had to gather alot of formulas

SamuraiPanda

11-03-2009

Does armor penetration help when attacking turrets? Or is it only minions/champions?

SamuraiPanda

11-03-2009

Nobody knows?

Prospero

11-04-2009

Are mana regen auras additive across multiple items? If item foo gives me 10 points of mana regen, and item bar gives me 5 points, do I get 15 points of regen or just the highest( 10 )?