Help with Nautilus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Impoa

4 Weeks Ago

I recently bought him and started playing him as jungler (i'm new to both him and jungling so yea take it from there) and I need some advice.

Also, his ult glitches sometimes, for instance I was chasing down a vayne and could've easily killed her had my ult worked. It was ready, in range, and i had mana, yet I kept clicking on Vayne and the ult didnt work :/

aaaand about jungling. nautilus is pretty clunky in terms of speed, and everytime my team calls for a gank I can't get there in time.

Here was my build I used:
-ninja tabi (alacrity)
-frozen heart
-randiuns
-abyssal scepter
-golem item (for jungling)
-warmogs

everyone else on my team was an adc or assassin, and most of the time we were isolated. enemy team consisted of a few adc/assasins, and 3 tanks.

in team fights I was very effective, but I couldn't hold against an Udyr.

HOW DOES ONE DEFEAT AN UDYR?

and some help with nautilus ganking would be nice TY

Cal Aldazar

4 Weeks Ago

Well for starters, don't always/only gank when a teammate pings for one. Ganking should be part of your pathing, which is a big part of jungling you pretty much only learn by experience because every jungler paths differently.

I prefer using smartcast, and it's something you have to learn how to play with, but it makes situations like yours with that Vayne a lot easier to perform well in. It's another thing only to be learned by playing.

As far as defeating Udyr, you can't 1v1 him once he gets a couple items. Your team has to lock down the squishy carries, kill them, and then all gang up on Udyr.

EDIT: Also, your build is pretty good, but I wouldn't build an Abyssal Scepter if you don't have much ap on your team. For MR I would go with Banshee's Veil. Lot's of bonus health, MR, and a kickass passive

EDITx2: Sunfire Cape > Randuins Omen, especially with an Abyssal Scepter.

RivenxExile

4 Weeks Ago

Personally my main is support but my secondary role is Jungle as of late. I love playing Naut jungle hell, really tanky jungles I seem to do the best with (Just played a match as Jungle Garen and went 7-0-12) Your build seems decent and may have been better naturally if you could have turned that Abyssal scepter into something First off you mentioned how slow and luggy he was. Most tanks are like this unfortunately. When I jungle a tanky slow jungle I usually ALWAYS build movement speed 3 boots (the ones that increase your movement speed out of combat and the ones that reduces stuns, snares etc...their names escape me at the moment haha.) If you can do successful at jungle and you don't have any gap closers, these + Flash if need be, close that distance in ganks. Secondly max his W first if you didn't. The shield it gives level one plus the AoE damage (from auto attacks while it's active i believe? Might be confusing this with his passive as well) helps immensely. Then max your E and lastly your Q (With your Ulty maxed as you can level it) Again this is ALL opinionated and it's how i do things *shrug* everyone does things differently but this is what I have been successful with

P.S: I suppose you can use your Q as a gap closer as it pulls you into them. Order of operations I would use on a gank would be as follows "Run In Q Hitting and pulling you into them, E to AoE and slow them and then activate your W to shield in retaliation and auto them to stun them. If they try to get away Ult them + Exhaust if you use it to secure the kill for your fellow laner. Hope this helps!

Voltsigo

4 Weeks Ago

I think his shield is an auto attack reset as well.
Smartcast is your friend. You want to switch over to smartcast ASAP. I did, and it is soooo much better.
(except for select few champs like Veigar's E)
Your E can hit targets multiple times.
Your Q can be used as a transport tool. If you hook a wall, the cooldown will be reduced and you will travel to the contact point on the wall.

Small things like that will add up to a ton more damage, thus more efficiency in the jungle.

Impoa

4 Weeks Ago

Yea I always try and level up my W first. Thanks for the tips guys, I only bought Abyssal Scepter because it gave both ap (nautilus has ap scaling) and mr. I also had a nid and kass on my team so I wanted to help them out. Otherwise 300+ armor lol.

RivenxExile

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impoa View Post
Yea I always try and level up my W first. Thanks for the tips guys, I only bought Abyssal Scepter because it gave both ap (nautilus has ap scaling) and mr. I also had a nid and kass on my team so I wanted to help them out. Otherwise 300+ armor lol.

Hey not a problem! If you ever have more questions don't hesitate here or add me on the game (RivenxExile) If you want a really good AP Item that i consistently use for nautilus, Grab the Iceborn gauntlet. Perfect for naut: Mana, Armor, Ability Power, CD AND On hit aoe slow seems legit.

P.S: Smart cast is good but it is optional. I have been playing LoL for over 3 years and cannot use smartcast. Where it shaves off that split second to make plays faster, I like to see the Are of effect to guarantee I land whatever im using. Especially for skill shot champion like Nidalee, Ezreal, or Twisted Fate.

Voltsigo

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivenxExile View Post
Hey not a problem! If you ever have more questions don't hesitate here or add me on the game (RivenxExile) If you want a really good AP Item that i consistently use for nautilus, Grab the Iceborn gauntlet. Perfect for naut: Mana, Armor, Ability Power, CD AND On hit aoe slow seems legit.

P.S: Smart cast is good but it is optional. I have been playing LoL for over 3 years and cannot use smartcast. Where it shaves off that split second to make plays faster, I like to see the Are of effect to guarantee I land whatever im using. Especially for skill shot champion like Nidalee, Ezreal, or Twisted Fate.
You can toggle on range indicators while using smart cast that are displayed when you hold the button down. Upon releasing the button, the ability is fired as if you left-clicked the mouse while not in smart cast. Right-click to cancel.

RivenxExile

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltsigo View Post
You can toggle on range indicators while using smart cast that are displayed when you hold the button down. Upon releasing the button, the ability is fired as if you left-clicked the mouse while not in smart cast. Right-click to cancel.
Well hell! I learned something new today! I may like smart cast! I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the input!

EpicSandwichMan7

4 Weeks Ago

Personally, I don't think Nautilus is a great jungler. He doesn't have alot of speed and can't gank very well. I would love to see you carry with him. I play Hecarim, who isn't that great either, but I showed everyone wrong and carried my whole team. But Hecarim is fast, and has a good damage output, while taking a lot in return. But if your new to jungling, Warwick is great, as well as Lee-sin.

Plot Twist: YOU CAN'T BEAT UDYR. UDYR ONLY BEATS YOU.

Impoa

4 Weeks Ago

The only thing that would make a tanky jungler really good is taunts. I'll go in as Nautilus all fed with high armor in team fights, only to have the enemy focus down our ADC and kassadin, well cuz ppl hate him. They are doing the right thing, but all I can do is watch them get slaughtered as I do poop dmg to them.

Other option is to initiate, but sometimes my team liked to "disperse"

This was pretty helpful guys ty. I might try Shen supp/tank, but IMO...they gotta buff him

-buff his Q somehow (make it ad scaling, or range increase, or dmg increase) late game that Q does nothing unless you're going AP shen.

-make his taunt cost less plox, it really is a game changer