Jungling AD Sion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxxLumberJackxxX

01-30-2014

Howdy Folks,
I was wondering if there were any other crazies out there who jungle the Lumberjack.

I run 21/9. Nothing special except I get the 4 points in CDR instead of the damage to low hp champs. CDR is pretty core and hard to come by these days. (CDR= tankier from more W and less chance of being kited wiht more Q).

Build- Sit on spirit stone don't upgrade it. At the moment I don't like any of the spirit upgrades. Despite teh CDR adn tenacity I just think it is too much money for HP that sion doesn't need to be building.

Hydra after boots 1.
Hydra is CORE to sion. Please do not replace this item with Bork it's almost never a good idea. Hydra allows you to farm faster, stacking your passive HP faster, and farming up sidelanes that get pushed in.
For that purpose (and turning into a splitpushing god) it stacks really well with

STATTIK SHYV. It is very match dependant whether I get Shiv, Triforce, or PD as my first Zheal item. Getting zheal is 100% necessary after hydra. Depending on the match you may need a defensive item before upgrading it.
Shiv=splitpushing/farming/massive burst/free MS if you have the crit mastery.
Triforce=Burst, plus phage proc for chasing lots of high mobility champions
PD=Need to kill a very tanky front line
Getting a second or third zheal item after a brutalizer item isn't bad at all. It's match dependant.

Brutalizer items:
Black Cleaver= killing tanks
Youmous= CHasing people who want to kite you

Defensive Items:
Frozen heart is awesome for the CDR reasons I said above, and because in the current meta there often 2-3 AD champs on the enemy team.
Randuins-Obv
Spirit Visage- MR, CDR, plus the passive for while ulting.

How to gank- If your bottom lane has any cc at all I would just focus all of your attention here. If the 3 of you get fed it's really easy to control the game since you will be a wall of awesome in the front line with a fed ADC behind you. Have them initiate with their lane cc, follow up with your stun. Use ultimate to shove wave and take tower/dragon.

When ganking solo lanes make sure you are coming in from behind them. Unless the laners bring cc it is unlikely that a frozen in center of the lane is going to be a kill. It helps if you tell your team to poke them downa bit before you get there.

Prep W before you walk in so you can use it for burst.

Ward up because counter ganks are often free kills when you come in and ult/heal your teammates and play janitor.

My lategame build tends to look like this:
Hydra
Shiv
Youmoos
FH
SV
Zephyr (or merc treads). Assuming I need the tankage.

Thaiboxer87

01-30-2014

I played AP sion jungle with doran ring start.
I killed their jungla 4 times, lived in their jungle forver.....and we lost XD
true story. I didnt blame anyone on my team or anything. it was fun tho.

GundayMonday

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2014

Honestly never tried Sion in the jungle. Will try out your build tonight in a few games!

Curious why you don't upgrade your spirit item though. The spirit line of items are currently some of the most gold efficient items in the game, and act as 10 gp10s if you never let conservation hit the 80 cap. Seems like you'd snowball faster with the upgrade. The conservation passive gold pays for itself in ~21mins, let alone the faster clear from butcher and extra passives like tenacity and cdr.

See what I mean? It might delay your first big item (a little), but you'll be getting your second and third items faster.

Akromah

01-31-2014

Spirit items are currently the most cost effective item in the game for just about any jungler. Before they just gave you a little regen and helped your clears. Now you can refill a quarter of your health just by taking 2 seconds to clear a camp. It's pretty insane.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2014

K, so you run a jungler and expect to get:

Hydra - 3500g
Shiv - 2200
Ghostblade - 2600
FH - 2600g
SV - 2600
Zephyr 2500g

????

That seems kind of unreasonable. I can see tiamat being useful for jungle clear but youve got to be able to boost your ganks. Cutlass to BOTRK gives you the Nuke/Slow which is pretty important. Stun lasts just long enough to close the gap. Ghostblade is fine too as a first item as the MS/AS gives a lot of compressed firepower and chase ability.

XxxLumberJackxxX

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
K, so you run a jungler and expect to get:
[snip]
That seems kind of unreasonable. I can see tiamat being useful for jungle clear but youve got to be able to boost your ganks. Cutlass to BOTRK gives you the Nuke/Slow which is pretty important. Stun lasts just long enough to close the gap. Ghostblade is fine too as a first item as the MS/AS gives a lot of compressed firepower and chase ability.

Actually yes I do. It isn't hard to get gold as jungler, people who say it is are probably just bad at jungling. Especially with hydra/shyv as I said. Farm your jungler instantly, take creeps your laners aren't using. Feel free to splitpush while your team is derping around as they usually are.
The burst from hydra with AA resetting is more than enough to boost your ganks, and BORK is just plain no good in most situations as a first item. Or ever really Sion scales too well off of Crit to waste a slot on a stat without much AD or Crit multipliers (AS etc).
If you want the slow get phage after tiamat, then upgrade to hydra, but putting off zheal is a really bad idea (his base AS is godawful). Phage is better because it lasts for as long as you AA, can be applied to more than one champion, and hammers are a close cousin to axes. CHOPCHOP

Elaborating on no jungle item:
Elder Lizard- Has really good stats no doubt about it, but Sion doesn't need ANY of them, except the cdr. He gets plenty of bonus AD from his E and the true damage proc is nice, but it's single target and sion has NO waveclear without using his shield constantly.
Also teh true damage doesn't proc lifesteal or crit.

Ancient Golem- Sion does not need more HP. He gets plenty from his passive, spirit visage, randuins, banshees veil, and other situaitional defensive items. The only stats on this worthwhile are the cdr and tenacity.

Wraith- we are talking about AD sion here...

Sitting on the spirit stone gives him plenty of regen on jungle camps (really that stone is OP).