The new Karma is rather stale and there are some design points I question

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yago Xiten

03-30-2013

I like the way her Q works now, actually, as it's own skill it's really awesome to have a slow zone skillshot, but it's not as satisfying as her old AoE heal or her old kit. Would be nice on a new champ though.

But her W Mantra heal just feels really lack luster. The shield's so weak now without Mantra and the speed boost is meh.

And her abilities all feel just generic and blarg. Always feel like no matter how I chain my abilities I'm punished.

I mean she's fun but doesn't feel very satisfying. Always feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2013

I just hate how they decided that her passive wasn't right even though it's the only thing she had to make her interesting.

new karma is okay as a champion so far that I"ve seen....but she's just boring to the max

JesusBoon

03-30-2013

I think it's pretty obvious that Riot ruins and will forever ruin any champion that they rework, it's really no surprise at this point.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Blade Yago View Post
I mean she's fun but doesn't feel very satisfying. Always feel like I'm doing something wrong.
Whenever I mantra E, I feel like I should've mantra'd Q. Whenever I mantra W, I feel like I should've mantra'd E. It's just...bleh.

plasmatorture

Recruiter

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusBoon View Post
I think it's pretty obvious that Riot ruins and will forever ruin any champion that they rework, it's really no surprise at this point.
Yeah, Ryze is just awful now.

Talamare

03-30-2013

I gotta agree, she feels like a LuLu light at the moment

her only redeeming ability is her W, when supporting you often feel you end up supporting yourself more than anyone else, because honestly that is the only thing your skills allow you to do

As an AP mid... hahahahaha, moving on

She might be able to top vs melee champs, considering she has absurd self heals

Larias

Adjudicator

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatorture View Post
Yeah, Ryze is just awful now.
I agree with you - the hyperbole shouldn't take over this thread.

I think that this Karma is close to being fun and interesting. It's just lacking a spark. It's lacking...something that makes it special.

FrozenBlades

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverrun View Post
Any yet all the threads in GD BK(before Karma) had been about Akali being oped, Darius being oped and Lux, Olaf and Rengar under powered, J4 too cheap, Taric broken, Diana broken. Not one fk was given about Karma until the rework. You never saw threads about what to build on Karma, Watch me pull a Karma pentakill or Amazing save karma vid. I'm guessing people that said I used to play karma quite a bit just played her for a few weeks before the rework and are complaining that the rework didn't address things in her kit that would have been their ideal karma. She is 10 times better than she was the only problem with her atm is the massive CD on her ult other than that she is a beast early game and she helps her team get kills quickly mid to late. She can even snag these kills if she wants too either through her Q or her Mantra E. Jeez people can't even give her a month before they start riding her and talking about how bad she is now. This is Karma now deal with it.
OMG m going to get off the forums cause im tired of saying the same thing, but ill say it one more time for you:

There are two points to be made:
1. She is weaker
2. She isnt Karma

1 is debatable, the other one is real, she isnt Karma, regardless of what riot decides to call her

Yago Xiten

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
Whenever I mantra E, I feel like I should've mantra'd Q. Whenever I mantra W, I feel like I should've mantra'd E. It's just...bleh.
Yeah. I mean, the Mantra W is so useless I've found. Bad AP Ratio on the heal, great base value, but not really a good ratio, and it's only selfish. Defensively better off with R+E.

The bonus damage is all "oh noes a wee bit more damage" but you're always better off just R+Q over R+W-ing. And R+E does about the same additional damage anyways, and is better defensively.

Her R+Q feels so much stronger for running or peeling than R+E.

Honestly I feel like R's only purpose now is for Q, not going to lie.

I tried tinkering with the heal, but meh. Or the speed boost, meh. The stronger shield is useful, I suppose, and the speed boost can be, but I always feel I waste Mantra if I use the speed boost, probably better off with a long ranged R+Q for more slow than R+E to catch up to try and W or Q, and the shield is just plain a weaker version of the old one for no real reason.

Do not like this Karma in comparison. This new one's only fun because of her Q, honestly. That AoE slow field and detonation, THAT is fun, but I can basically just play Ezreal or GP to do that.

Samalabam

03-30-2013

What I really miss is being able to tether your team mates. They could've atleast made her mantra W able to heal allies