[item suggestion]mana stealing item to replace old soulstealer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JayceJa

12-05-2009

A lot of people have been crying over the remake to mejai's soulstealer, mostly it is idiots crying about how they cannot be imba anymore while dieing, however the real legitimate concern is the hole left behind by the secondary effect of the item, upon killing a champion you gain all their remaining mana, this was a great effect for ganking, by killing people it let you continue to gank more without going to heal mana.

So i propose a new item, a offensive ganking item that provides a similar effect,

Warlock's Monocle(1670)

Amplifying Tome(435 gold) + Amplifying Tome(435 gold) + Warlock's Monocle(800 gold)

Provides 40 Ability power, 15 spell penetration
Unique Passive: Reduces cooldowns by 10%, Gains 50% of targets maximum mana upon killing them, 25% for an assist

The item itself is very comparable to the brutalizer for casters, a good item early game that is outshone by late game items, exactly the sort of item you get to gank, so it is exactly the sort of item that should get a ganking ability

I decided to make it only half, but of maximum mana because it means you don't lose the benefit of the item when ganking people on low mana, if someone is on low mana, you should be encouraged to gank them, not punished for it, i also added assists at half the value so that it is beneficial for ganking even if you dont get the last hit

Voidgolem

12-06-2009

Must require tea.

Other than that, I'm all for the idea.

EchoRex

12-06-2009

Great idea and stats execution.

Have my vote for implementing it immediately, hell knows my Veigar build needs that mana regain back, half the **** round is spent at fountain it seems.

innociv

12-06-2009

There are enough low-cost magic penetration items now, I think.

Should just be +AP and mana stealing IMO. Like old mejais, but without the scaling, and slightly cheaper.

And should restore based on your own mana, not the enemies.

Could be tear + amplifying tomb and give +mana as well.

JayceJa

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by innociv View Post
There are enough low-cost magic penetration items now, I think.

Should just be +AP and mana stealing IMO. Like old mejais, but without the scaling, and slightly cheaper.

And should restore based on your own mana, not the enemies.

Could be tear + amplifying tomb and give +mana as well.
the only low cost magic pen item boots, more of it is needed

and giving +mana is redundant since with this ability you don't need manapools, and is undesired because the item is meant to be a trade-off, a chance to have near limitless mana if you repeatably gank successfully, but if you don't, then you wont have enough mana

Critical Error

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2009

Haunting Guise is a pretty cheap wanna-be brutalizer. Problem is, its stats suck for gankers because while it does give regens which are nice, it doesnt give burst potential (except through MPenn). Id think the item was more for people who stay long in a lane, not move from lane to lane.

innociv

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
the only low cost magic pen item boots, more of it is needed

and giving +mana is redundant since with this ability you don't need manapools, and is undesired because the item is meant to be a trade-off, a chance to have near limitless mana if you repeatably gank successfully, but if you don't, then you wont have enough mana
Haunting guise is only 1337 for 10% CDR and 20 penetration.

innociv

12-07-2009

How about something like..

Amplifying Tomb *2 + 300gold
+60 AP. UNIQUE: After 3 or 5 minutes, you gain 40 AP. This resets on death.

Good early cheap AP.

Tear of the Goddess + Amplifying tomb + 200gold
+35 AP, +400 mana, +15 mana regen per 5 seconds. UNIQUE: You restore all your mana after a champion kill, 1% on minion kills. Each time your Champion uses an Ability their Maximum Mana will increase by 4 Mana. This effect has a 3 second cooldown.

As a cheaper alternative to Archangel to build off tear, with less AP but the old soulstealer mana gaining effect you used on Kass. But it's higher cost than Mejai's.

ichi the killer

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post

[...]

Warlock's Monocle(1670)

Amplifying Tome(435 gold) + Amplifying Tome(435 gold) + Warlock's Monocle(800 gold)

Provides 40 Ability power, 15 spell penetration
Unique Passive: Reduces cooldowns by 10%, Gains 50% of targets maximum mana upon killing them, 25% for an assist

[...]
I agree with the above item. It allows you to gank repeatedly. I wish I could use it tonight. Great suggestion JayceJa!

JayceJa

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by innociv View Post
Haunting guise is only 1337 for 10% CDR and 20 penetration.
oh right, forgot about the guise, at the time of writing that message

but the benefits of the guise are very lackluster for casters, the penetration and CD reduction are fine, but being coupled with hp and mana regen means its a mix between a sustainability item and a offensive item, and being so cheap, it cannot really do well enough at each, a trait that is shared by most cheap hyrbid items, and without upgrades to them, makes them kinda useless