How to play draven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaxStormyStorm

03-30-2013

Maybe items, but mostly play style. I find it hard to consistently catch his axes. I played a game with him, went 4/9/9. Would have been fine, if a fed akali that could dive me even with a sona with me and using the ult. Before she came in lane I was doing great, 3/1, out farming the enemy vayne, but I still missed most of my axe catches if the thing I was attacking started moving. I was overall powerless to akali. Honestly I don't know why they haven't gave akali a slight nerf. She isn't overpowered, but pretty close once she hits 6 without getting killed/ badly outfarmed. The main problem I had though was the fact I was ****ed if she got on me. I felt completely powerless as draven. So any tips for draven? Escpecially against a fed akali?

lcarapaica

03-30-2013

umm i dont play him THAT much but when i do i notice a couple of things...

1)Your early game deals a lot of damage by jsut hiting 1 axe on the enemy (always rememebr to harrass)

2)i learner from experience not to be afraid of anyone as draven, hes got a ton of potential and remmeber that each axe you hit will deal a continuos damage like a bleed

3)Play a bot game to practice catching axes and you will noctice that when you throw one axe and you move to a direction (Example you run north) the axe will land north of the position you throwed it

4)Against an akali (like what you said ^^) learn the duration of her shround, use e to push her back especially if she dived, always hit her an axe if her r is down, tell your support to buy a vision ward if she is camping bot,

5) remember you are an adc not a tank, a giant burst will take you down,

6) YOU ARE DRAAAAAAAAAAAAVENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Vlterius

03-30-2013

Well, play around with him, see your preferences, for me i take Q first, so i can deal alot of damage and i use Flash and Ignite, but after that i build W for speed on catching up and getting away for me thats the first things i max, but if i cant catch up to enemy i take E which is Stand Aside so they can be slowed down enough for me to catch up. But i leave it at 1 pts untill both W and Q are mastered, but that's my preference, i always play aggressive, i take Infinity Edge after my boots, and then Speed i take the Red Sword thingy, i forgot the name, later on i take 1 more big item for damage, and build speed, because later game speed goes well with the damage. And i can catch up using my W.

MaxStormyStorm

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarapaica View Post
umm i dont play him THAT much but when i do i notice a couple of things...
a bot game to practice catching axes and you will noctice that when you throw one axe and you move to a direction (Example you run north) the axe will land north of the position you throwed it

4)Against an akali (like what you said ^^) learn the duration of her shround, use e to push her back especially if she dived, always hit her an axe if her r is down, tell your support to buy a vision ward if she is camping bot,
1. Not true, they seem to go everywhere but in my path. 2, It's not vision, it's the fact she would come bot, dive me, even if I e'd her, and kill me.

MssrLouisCyphre

03-30-2013

The latest patch improved the movement prediction, putting it in Draven's path more often.

It's still random. That's part of playing Draven, do you want to keep your axes up, or chase in a straighter line?

pwndras

03-30-2013

just play Draven a lot, eventually you will get pretty good at feeling where the axes will go. took me awhile but for the most part I can keep one axe going forever while laning. Fun to throw an axe and run backwards so that I can harass and catch my axe and not get attacked while doing it

Mendatt

03-30-2013

First of all, where an axe lands is based on the direction you're moving when it hits an enemy, not when you throw it. Second, it doesn't take where you're going towards into account, just the direction and speed you're moving, so be careful around corners.

Felaeris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2013

Don't stress too much about axe catching. It's been skewed since the 3.5 patch. As for Akali? Stay away from her.

... So you've failed to stay away from Akali. What now? Glad you asked

1.) Always carry a Pink Ward
2.) Save your E to interrupt her R. Seriously, it'll deadstop her mid-flight hopefully long enough your allies can wtfpwn her provided you remembered point #1 and have a pink ward.
3.) If you don't have a pink ward, but you still interrupted her R, run like hell.