Giveaway episode is UP!!!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fancy Wolf

03-30-2013

GET YOU SOME RP!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlTkj9BgnHU

First giveaway will be on 4/23!!!!! makes sure you sub and follow instructions in the vid!

Volandum

03-30-2013

I approve of the CDR spec in Offense rather than the AS. I skip the 9th pt in Def for Executioner, but taking Vet Scars is something I should think about, it does seem worthwhile. Exhaust is worth considering, you don't seem to have discussed it at all.

I strongly disapprove of the early lock in, it's a bad example. J4 has a lot of goals, with your ARpen he has strong burst which he can use to help burst people down. With a rammus on your team initiating with the armour reduction you will probably want to play like that.

You max Q for the very simple reason that it's your hard CC and the CD scales.

I'll remove this if you mention it, but sometimes you need to kite out if the other option is hitting the tank with people hitting you.

Your "because this is solo queue people are going to push this lane" reflects badly on your own elo. "Notice how I'm not staying in vision" is great, but you had the chance to refresh your speed buff and didn't. It's worth pointing out how important it is to refresh this stuff.

You had an AD Karma and Jax to synergise with BC. Normally if you have J4 Wukong you'd get BC on the wukong as he can easily apply it and Ghostblade on the J4 for lots of dps/burst. Jarvan isn't very good at applying Cleaver, and that's a better reason not to pick it up really.

3v2 at 20 mins, you should have been able to burst down one of the low champions with your combo, making it easier for Jax.

J4 does tons of assists whatever he does, just hit E occasionally near an ally and you'll get one from any kill in range.

Jax Lee and Kat can all jump to points.

What happened to that plan to pick up an Aegis?

Something worth mentioning is that you sometimes want to interrupt caps with Q and E individually and avoid comboing into danger.

That was a bit of a stomp.

Something I've noticed about your Jarvan is that you never gank bot. He is an extremely strong ganker and his mobility lets him do that quickly and get back top. In combination with an AoE mage like Zyra you would be able to pick up kills and points very rapidly. It's like when I laned against your Diana as Kog'Maw, I wasn't worried about you at all, even though you'd have pretty much been assured a kill every time you felt like popping over the wall and jumping onto my face, unless your ultimate bugs.

As an initiator you will generally want, to some extent, to lead your team on a strategic level, directing focus wherever convenient. Bot lane is an obvious option of course, but there were several opportunities you had to make flanking moves that you didn't take. Really, I feel that you weren't taking very much of an initiator role that game and it is misleading to say that you were.

You think way too much of yourself. Try some humility.

I would like to see a Vayne guide, if I recall you're an ADC main and I've always been very bad at Vayne.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2013

good info. i dont play jarvan so it was cool to see some insight beyond what i already knew.

i vote for Cait guide

Redeemed In Fire

03-30-2013

Dat bed head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
I strongly disapprove of the early lock in, it's a bad example.
If you have a champion in mind, early locking communicates that and gives the other players still deciding a chance to pick around you. It's generally fine IMO.

Quote:
Your "because this is solo queue people are going to push this lane" reflects badly on your own elo. "Notice how I'm not staying in vision" is great, but you had the chance to refresh your speed buff and didn't. It's worth pointing out how important it is to refresh this stuff.
So wait, if I say "because this is solo queue, a lot of people won't take revive" will reflect badly on my elo too? Why?

Volandum

03-30-2013

If you want to play a champ just say so. I often go into champ select, say I want to play a ranged APC top, and don't get to in the end because it doesn't fit team comp. Gotta do one's best and pick sensibly.

Er, how many revives you get is a commonly used guide to what elo you're playing at. I don't feel I need to explain it, and I certainly think it is unwise to underestimate your opponents in any respect.

Chezbayou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2013

Quote:
If you want to play a champ just say so. I often go into champ select, say I want to play a ranged APC top, and don't get to in the end because it doesn't fit team comp. Gotta do one's best and pick sensibly.

Er, how many revives you get is a commonly used guide to what elo you're playing at. I don't feel I need to explain it, and I certainly think it is unwise to underestimate your opponents in any respect.
unless you have kass spammers.

Redeemed In Fire

03-30-2013

In general, Volandum seems to have watched a different video or something :S

Fancy Wolf

03-30-2013

Go to season 2 ranked stats

GG vol sorry bro vayne is my worst adc... ashe? cait? corki? graves? ezreal?

Volandum

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy Wolf View Post
Go to season 2 ranked stats

GG vol sorry bro vayne is my worst adc... ashe? cait? corki? graves? ezreal?
Sorry didn't know, let's try Corki. He used to be pretty popular on EUW, hardly ever see him now.

Fancy Wolf

03-30-2013

bump