[Open discussion]The complete "Counter this champion guide" (WIP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Section

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2010

A note about tryndamere: Without endless rage in early game hes really useless in the laning phase, extremely squishy to carries especially with armor pen runes, even without, a few shots from any dps carry, Ashe, MF, Trist, Tryn will go down and just hinder him from level 6 as long as possible, I usually like... make my way in between him and his minions and my partner stays in the bush (also, your partner might have to be sort of tankish with a CC, like taric, amumu, or Cho) to threaten his death before level 6, and after level 6 you really just have to stay near your turret because he just spins, slows, and then kills you with huge crit chance.

UN LiMiT

12-27-2010

Glad to see you don't know how to counter Irelia BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Deathboot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2010

where heimer?

Majiger

12-30-2010

Countering an Akali:

First determine is she Jungling or Laning?
Is she jungling? Place wards EVERYWHERE!!! Once she hits level 6, which she can actually do faster than WW if played right, she will kill you. Unless you are stacking M.Def you will die at that time.

Is she laning? Well sorry to say but you have your work cut out for you. You can see her level, you can see her items, you can pretty much see how she plays. This gives you plenty of time to build up against her.

She is squishiest before level 6. She has a very low range, but powerful even if she only marks you with Mark of the Assassin, don't let her get a follow up hit because if you take the hit you will most likely take her point blank aoe as well. So pressure her, gank her, do whatever you can to delay that level 6.

Next thing is to determine what items she will be using.
How did she start? Does she have both passives up at level one? Which items is procing one?
Did she start with Doran's blade or a long sword? Well she has AP runes, meaning more of her runeset is used up to get that 20 AP without ignite.
Did she start with an amplifying tome? She has a more powerful rune set. She is only using her marks at best if she is running offensive mastery.

Is she going pure AP? Is she going Spellvamp? Is she trying to follow the recommended build??
If she is a pure AP, she will hit you like those 500ton anvils hit Willy Coyote.
Is she a spellvamp? She probably went smite and jungled if she did this. Now this is my personal favorite build. Why? Well here is why:
1. She gains hp with her skills AND her attacks, because she is stacking Gunblades, probably 2.
2. This makes her less squishy!!! If she is in a gank shee will still probably die if she gets targeted but not as fast.
3. She has a free 300dmg+slow
4.>>>>> HER SMITE IS A FREE HEAL!!!!! <<<<< She can heal over 50% of her health from a single minion!!! Do NOT underestimate this! I can't count how many times Ashe or Teemo thought that their slow/blind would save them when I have a 1000hp heal waiting under my belt.

Did she use the recommended item build?
Well...You can point and and laugh at her because only half of those items really help her. No Rageblade is not a good item on Akali so don't even go there, she is not an auto-attacker, yes her skill spam gets you those 8 stacks but there are better items to get AP.

Last note, if she has 3-4 kills and 0 deaths early on, if she feels confident she will start stacking...all I can say is keep ganking her no matter who else is on the team!!!! if Akali gets 20/20 or even just 20 mejai. She will be a force to be reckoned with.

TLDR:
Squishy before 6.
Ward vs Jungle Akali like no tommorow.
Watch out for Smite + Spellvamp combo. Do not initiate 1v1 unless you know for sure there is NO way for you to lose (Xin Xhao)
Remember she is a ABILITY POWER champ not ATTACK DAMAGE!! Meaning she can hit you through exhaust and get magic def not armor against her.

Hope this helped!!

FeedFest

12-30-2010

I've played over 200 games with shaco in solo ranked with 2k elo, and there are few champs that I hate playing against... these champs cannot be killed by shaco when equally fed, and can actually kill him easy... though i don't wanna tell who they are.

KamakaziGumiBear

12-31-2010

Akali's stealth is a joke just throw some spells in it and watch the gold rack up, you dont even need an orical for her.

OpenFaceSurgery

12-31-2010

Vladimir: He has a super weak early game, His Q has an extremely high cooldown and you should take advantage of it early game and try to push him out, NEVER trade blows with Vlad as you will always lose, force him into an early battle and try to stop him farming creeps while you do so yourself. At level 7-9 his Q becomes less than 5 second cooldown, at this point it is impossible to push him out the lane, I suggest moving on to team movement at this point or at least don't die.

ImIndustructible

12-31-2010

How can the Anivia Counter left out the fact that you should NEVER NEVER facecheck brush from mid game onwards, not even with 5 teammates around because they won't come to help you (Most dangerous spots are brushes between the 2 mid turrets

smellsliketeens

12-31-2010

Against heim:In my experience, you want to keep all kinds of melee away from him until the turrets have little affect on you. This generally means around lvl 8 is your time to shine. Start off with a buddy(preferably tank) and have your bud run right in. Meanwhile go around the side and go right on it. Heim relies on his turrets heavily, and he doesn't have a real slow, so as soon as you move in for the kill he will use all of his mana to evade and run. That is when you slow him and treat him like any other squishy. Just remember to have a diversion while you run in from the side. If you try a full on attack, he will switch his turrets to frost and get away. A high dps champion with a good stun or slow is recommended(trynd can absolutely destroy heim if treated properly with the wall slash and mocking shout) If you want to stick in without a buddy, it is recommended that you get any kind of magic damage resistance, as his turrets only do 62 magic damage when maxed out.

Majiger

01-03-2011

Lol Akali's stealth is there to confuse the opponent for example in the jungle with a 2 way split, it's not meant for actual battle like I see a lot of bad Akalis initiate with it lose 90 energy of their precious 200.