[Open discussion]The complete "Counter this champion guide" (WIP)

123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rEv3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2009

HA! Zilean is unbeatable!

Aratus

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedace View Post
how do you mention a blitzcrank counter without banshees viel...
Because Banshees Viel is an answer to anything, and would be a footnote at the bottom of any counter guide.

Rectal Necrosis

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEv3 View Post
HA! Zilean is unbeatable!

He dies the same as any other squishy actually. Stun, then have a DPS rail his sorry rear. If he managed to cast revive on himself then surround him and just deck him again. If I recall, a revive only guarantees him half health.

Rectal Necrosis

12-06-2009

Alright good guys. Just a side note: If you can keep your solution under one paragraph I'd appreciate it. It keeps the thread from wall of texting us.

HeLawlsAtYouSon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2009

Countering Fiddlesticks: This shouldn't be too hard at all, all you need to do is keep in mind his abilities.
Crowstorm: This is why most people play fiddlesticks. Know how it works, Fiddlesticks spends at least two seconds charging up (there's a sound to this) to flash into a group of enemies. Fiddle can then walk around and deal huge amounts of damage to other players. This is probably Fiddlestick's main purpose, and you should be aware that he'll most likely do this when there is more than one champion (ie. large team fight). It does huge amounts of damage if you stay in it's vicinity for a long time. First to counter, stun, disable, do something to him so he'll stop channeling the spell. This effectively wastes a bunch of mana and puts his ult on cooldown. If you fail to keep a stun around just for fiddle, focus fire on him when he flashes into a group, and if you can't to that, have all your teammates scatter in opposite directions. Fiddle is slow, and since his ult only effects a circle around him, he's going to have to chase one of you if you scatter correctly. Do the same with his life drain if needed.

Guthrek

12-07-2009

Cho'Gath: There are three major things to watch out for with Cho'Gath.
1. Rupture. Rupture can be easily dodged outside of huge aoe teamfights or already being slowed/stunned. Watch for the stomp, watch for the rumble, watch the ground like a hawk.
2. Feast. A good cho'gath will Always know how much life whoever he's laning with/fighting/running from has. If he's level 6 and you have 400 health, he knows that one rupture or one level 2+ scream will put you in nomming distance. Watch the ground more than ever at this point. If he has flash and you're lower, he doesn't even need them. Keep your distance. Chasing cho at low health is a recipe for huge lulz on the other team.
3. MASSIVE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF HEALTH: 5k health Cho'Gaths are in no way unusual (although a little overkill). Obviously if you have any %health attacks (cleaver, nasus ult, warwick nom, deathfire grasp) blowing these early drops his life dramatically. However, there is one better way, which is don't let him get big. organize ganks, do whatever you can to keep him from snowballing, and when he comes back he'll be 3/4 the tank he was before.

Is that too long? You're welcome to paraphrase and remove stuff if you want.

edited, btw.

madrojian

12-07-2009

Singed: he's a tank, but can put out surprising damage if he goes AP. Things to watch out for...
1) Poison: Don't let him kite you, and you're mostly out of the woods. He's excellent at baiting, so if you think you can catch him and kill him before the poison puts you at manageable damage levels, you're probably wrong.
2) Fling: This move will put you over his shoulder, into a cloud of poison and a world of pain. It's melee range only, so the best thing you can do is try to avoid letting him get close, or position yourself to land more safely when he hits you. Use extreme caution when approaching a Singed player by his tower.
3) Insanity Potion: Singed's ulti. He basically gets a boost in almost everything, speed, dmg, ap, the works. If he was hard to catch/escape before, don't bother trying when he pops this. Your best bet is to avoid him till it burns out, or focus him as fast as possible(if he's AP, he'll be a bit squishier and easier to focus).

That's the main bit, really. Best thing to do is just hit him hard and fast, repeatedly in the early stages of the game.

Let me know if you want this altered or anything.

Rectal Necrosis

12-12-2009

Alright guys. I had to fill in most of the guide myself (I'm still accepting guides from other players though) but its finished. Because of this and the 30k text limit, if the guide gets too filled I'm going to cut the guide in half and put the other heroes down on the fourth post. I doubt it will happen though.

WOOO! The guide is finished, WOOO!

rEv3

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekmaster View Post
He dies the same as any other squishy actually. Stun, then have a DPS rail his sorry rear. If he managed to cast revive on himself then surround him and just deck him again. If I recall, a revive only guarantees him half health.
I like how the best way to kill him requires more then one person

I'll be nice, if you want Zilean dead you need frozen mallet on a range dps (or similar effect) or silence. Silence, i'm not sure if this is intended or a bug, can prevent Zilean's revive from firing on death.

Lord Mathrotus

03-06-2010

Theres nothing for warwick or heimerdinger?

Also about karthus id like to add that his ult has a 3 seconds casting time, so in team fights its really only efficient if you all run away. If only the low hp person runs away the rest of your team can give karthus a beating while he charges his ult.

123456 ... 12