[Open discussion]The complete "Counter this champion guide" (WIP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Craixis

02-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo Avon View Post
Shaco:

His entire Reportiore revolves around trickery... Oracle's Elixir will pretty much squash his Decieve ability, which does massive Crit. It lasts until you die, plus, it's only 400 gold. If you vs Shaco, just hunker down and get it.
Except that its also a blink, which he uses to get behind you with Lizard buff, then he proceeds to throw a JitB in front of you and hits you repeatibly...
If you do manage to make a jump away, he'll two shiv you and makes you his... you get the point.

Oracles does not hard counter Shaco. Wards, on the other hand, are much more effective. His stealth is only 3.5 seconds long, so there isn't really a point to Oracles (as he's not stealthed long enough for it to be effective).

Just to put that out there.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2011

On countering of Mundo:

1. Watch his items.
-If his items are all tanky items(example: rushed warmogs, FON...etc.), then buy survival items that gets you over 2k hp + around 100 armor/MR(MR is more important early game, when his cleavers really hurt), then just ignore him and kill his friends. Banshee's Veil can do wonders against mundo early/mid game.
-If he gets DPS items of any sort: go to #2 below.
2. Ignite and Executioners.
-I have seen many people holding that ignite for runners instead of using it on Mundo when the stupid team decided to bring him down first... Use those active/summoner spells!
-Also, your team need two of these, but really...just get a MF or Gangplank(not Katarina, do not use W just for mundo) and keep the passive on him at all times.
3. Best disables against mundo: knock up and disposition(alistar's headbutt, for example). Use those "hard" disables instead of stun and slows, which can be decreased in duration by 75%(burning agony lv5 + merc treads). Having a blitzcrank can seriously ruin his day.
-One more thing: mundo is slow without his ulti, dodge his cleavers and kite him.

The Soraka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2011

Xin Zhao: Xin Zhao is high burst damage, medium high DPS character, usually not built very tanky, but thanks to his ultimate, he gets a good amound of armor and magic resist for a short while. Your best bet against Xin Zhao is to Stun or Snare him and back away then focus him. Xin Zhao has no natural escape abilities, so he cant keep running further and further away from you like other champions. Avoid encountering him one on one if he has a powerful lifesteal item, he will out last you in a fight.

Evelyn: Multiple Oracles, preferably on tanks, and stick together as a team, even though smart Evelyns will still avoid you and not start team fights, when she shows up focus on her, and don't leave any of your carries or supports behind you, she will kill them.

MelofMovement

02-09-2011

Anyone know a good way to contour mord?

He annoys the **** out of me...

Valthan

02-10-2011

Mordekaiser? I main him and the thing that I see kill Mordekaiser most is straight out stuns and silences with burst damage. Don't worry if his shield is full, just burn straight through it. If he notices you're not attacking him and his shield is full, your practically begging him to tower dive you into oblivion. If he's packing cleanse with merc treads (which comes to 100% CC duration reduction for a few seconds) there's no way in hell you'll kill him 1v1. Sometimes not even 1v2. You'll need at least 3 people to kill a good Mordekaiser. And for the love of god don't let an AD or AS champ anywhere near him (his ult has a deceptively long range); ESPECIALLY Tryndamere regardless of how fed he his. Which is where my next tip comes in.

To kill Tryndamere, get Ignite or a similar ability and some sort of heavy damage over time attack like Zilean's time bomb, poison from various champs, or Mordekaiser's ultimate. Mordekaiser's ult is a hard counter to Tryndamere's ult, especially if Mordekaiser has an Ignite as well. All Mordekaiser has to do is get Tryndamere to ult, count to 3, Ignite and ult. A few seconds later, he and the ghost will steamroll the entire team with huge damage from the ghost constantly bringing Mordekaiser's shield to full with every swing, making him **** near invincible. If this happens to you, don't even bother. Not even 4v1... run like hell. I've got pentakills that way.

Captain Astora

02-10-2011

Here is some stuff I've noticed from playing the characters I use.

Morgana: What the game says about keeping a minion between you and her is true. If morgana can't land a Dark Binding The rest of her abilites can't stack. I have had many MANY melee rush morgana to kill the "Squishy" castor only to find I take armor and hp early and finish them without ever droping a dark Binding. Just Torment soil, Soul Shackle and Black Sheild if someone uses Phy/abi mixed attacks like Akali.

Ashe: Tristana I find is a bane to my existance as Ashe. It's not a good idea to Port to base with low hp if a ashe see's you. She can **** shot into your base and possible kill.

Evelynn: Decent Armor and Magic Resistance is very helpfull. Hatespike is spammed so maybe keep a minion or two closer to her then yourself.

Janna: Getting in close or chasing her can be devestating if the Janna user is smart. If your chasing chances are that spinning whirlwind will fallow her not be aimed where she came from. Sheild can be annoying but for only 5 seconds. If your fighting Janna near end game -in her base- Make sure she doesn put you between herself and landing zone she can Monsoon you into the landing zone.

zors

Recruiter

02-10-2011

While this thread is nice, if the original post isn't getting updated, we need someone to remake this thread. This one is very old, missing many champions and has misinformation in the main post due to patches.

TL;DR - Necro'd thread is old and full of lies.

coc­

02-10-2011

hard counter to tryndamere= thornmail basicly kills himself

Bulzeeb

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelofMovement View Post
Anyone know a good way to contour mord?

He annoys the **** out of me...
Don't fight him near minions so he can't build his shield, and get a Quicksilver Sash to clean his ultimate off of you. Aside from that, I don't know.

Teldin

04-05-2011

A slightly more detailed thing on fighting Tristana:

Very few Tristanas build any survivability items beyond mercury treads. If you know she's used rocket jump already and hasn't gotten a recent kill or assist, and she's not protected by her teammates, move in for the kill immediately. Stuns and slows will ruin her. Knock-ups can also hit her while she's in midair from her rocket jump, canceling it immediately; on the other hand, slows and stuns will slow or stun her AFTER she's landed. She can rocket jump out of Veigar's area stun (but will still be stunned on landing), over walls, over Jarvan's ult barrier and so on but NOT over Anivia's barrier for some reason.