Lets Get Ready To Ruummblleeee

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArlanKels

06-08-2011

So I've been plowing around as Rumble lately and my first play with him..
Well I hated him.

Yet I am a completionist when it pertains to championship ownership so I purchased him, and during one random spurt of boredom I played him...
And I rolled him out and had fun.
I even had a match where I went like 18-3 or something like that...

I'm feeling that the people wh owrite the guides are wrong, though....they always say to build up the flamethrower first, but I tend to max harpoon first since the flamethrower seems to make him too easily murdered(since he has t obe so close to use it).

Any tips, thoughts?
And also, whats the range on the flamethrower?

Hubbz

06-08-2011

Harpoon requires you to have some skill - Flamethrower requires you to...hit the Q button.

The damage output on the harpoon is pretty hefty but the flamethrower can clear waves, hit through mobs, chase while doing damage.

If you're up against someone squishy without a stun on the lane, then BBQ mode is the way to go. Getting just the Mpen boots or mask makes the flamethrower that much more effective. You can play it by ear but most Rumbles will just max Q.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2011

if you need to push go flamethrower if its going pretty iffy then get harpoon for damage and utility

simplygnome

06-08-2011

If im okay with pushing the lane (ie no enemy jungler, or lane partner has a stun, we are buying wards), then Im very okay with flamethrower. With defensive masteries, flat armor yellows, and a dorans shield, I feel confident in being able to get close enought to use it.

If I dont have a good stun in the lane, or Im worried about the jungler, Ill go with harpoon. The slow is amazing.

ArlanKels

06-08-2011

Oh..one other question

WHY DOES NOBODY PLAY THIS GUY?
holy jesus I just wiped a whole team nearly by myself :O

LegendaryHobos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlanKels View Post
Oh..one other question

WHY DOES NOBODY PLAY THIS GUY?
holy jesus I just wiped a whole team nearly by myself :O
Lets keep it that way.
:P

OkFolks

06-08-2011

I pretty much main rumble with a 70%+ win rate in ranked, and I'm floored that I never have competition for him. I've read multiple places that he's a really popular pick in EU, so I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing more on US servers.

I run MPen reds, armor yellows, MRes blues and HP quints, everything flat. 9/21/0. You are tanky as hell at level 1.

Always start with boots and pots. I love it when the opponent buys a Dorans, because it pretty much guarantees they'll be healing before I'll have to.

Q/E/Q/W, max Q, then W, then E. Flamethrower is just way too powerful if you catch them in it for the duration, and it's an amazing zoning tool on a super short CD. Just be careful not to unnecessarily push creeps with it and you're fine.

Before 6 you can literally stand toe to toe with ANY hero. I love going against overzealous Jaxes, Jarvans and Mordes who are used to dominating a lane, only to find themselves hugging their tower at level 2. Top lane is obviously preferred, as you can punish just about anybody, but bot lane with a support is very strong too.

Rush a Rylai's, picking up Merc treads as well. Will of the Ancients, Hextech Revolver, followed by an Abyssal Scepter or a Deathcap, depending on how farmed I am. If I'm up against a Jax, Irelia or Jarvan who have somehow managed to hold their own in lane (fairly rare), I'll pick up a Doran's Shield first trip back, which usually solves that problem.

All in all, the little dude is a thug. Don't believe the tier lists, he scales just fine into end game, and his ulti can be a complete game-changer if placed correctly.

Zeikei

06-08-2011

Good question, why does nobody play him?
I do.

Probably b/c he's not as exciting to many people. No definitive closing move (i.e. Jax's Leap Strike), he lacks a huge sword (Tryndamere, Garen), and his mech doesn't draw in mech junkies b/c its not a Gundam. He got nerfed as well, one reason people might stay away.

But honestly, since release almost every game I play as Rumble I absolutely destroy until everyone's build is complete.

@ OP - I max Flamespitter to make melee DPS cry in lane. They cannot farm, and if they get within range, the slow from 2 harpoons is enough. I find more value in damage from Q than E and the slow is most of the reason I use it to begin with.

Laning, I find the sheer damage of Q scares away some people, with Rumble, it helps to be really aggressive, because if you get zoned, you get zoned hard. I've laned with Xin (another early game beast) and every time I've just embarassed the other laners.

Rylai's is a great item IMO and most others agree. helps you keep them close, makes your ult that much better, and it makes me laugh when I pull of harpoon>harpoon>flamespitter>equalizer for a triple kill. Stupid kids just sit inside of the ult sometimes...

I also like Abyssal Scepter, great offense, some defense and that aura.

The beauty about playing as Rumble is that you can pick up 3 items that work both offensively and defensively and have enough AP for most of the game. Allowing you to build pretty tanky with good damage output.

Not all the guides say build Hextech Revolver, but I like it as my first item after boots 1, for the early AP, relatively low cost, and I think the spell vamp is really noticeable.

Zeikei

06-08-2011

Reposting this as proof, I just went 13-1-8 in a 20min surrender... I died because I tanked a tower... I think I had 2 triples and 2 doubles, I never settle for just one...

youfaililol

06-09-2011

Ap/ad is becoming more of a pleasant build to build up but going pure ap is a lot of fun, I use him as my main char to play. I do feel hextech gun should be in almost all builds, there's games where if I am having a good day with him I can go 26/3/5, my favorite thing to do with him is make people rage quit or the game is over within 15 minutes, I love him you can tank, push, mid whatever he is a beast to deal with late game, and early game, his only weakness that I see is when he overheats or when 3 or more people decide to try and gank you. Overheating is bad if you go ap all the way, but ap/ad is just pure ownage with my build I have roughly around 250 ad and 400 ap yes it is very possible to get more of each but that's a game where you make well over 15 k gold. Overall he i very solid toon