Win EVERY time you dont even have to be good!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pigsticker

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoaness View Post
Wow, all of the deniers are pretending that LoL is comprised of only premades. Guess what, probably 95% of the games are pugged! How can you expect automatic teamwork to happen versus premades?

The 5 promote problem is a huge issue and will work a lot of the time. Riot needs to implement something that forces limitation on summoner spells.
How do you expect to beat ANY 5 man premade as a full pug group if you can't work as a team?

Lavitztyr

12-06-2009

A lot of premade teams are just random guys playing games together, not really that much diff from a pug of good players.

Like my premade games are generally with my friends who are not the best gamers in the world >.>

Ixalmaris

12-06-2009

It doesn't have to be 5 people in one lane.
Yesterday I saw a team take down 3 towers within 1 minute with just 2 promote/rally guys.

Don't ask me what exactly happened though, I was in another lane. Counterable? Sure. But one mistake and you will loose a tower. Not to mention when you only have 2 promote champions the rest of the team does not "suck".

Generally people seem to assume that groups running promote strats will be composed out of bad players. Ever thought how effective this tactic is when it is run by good players?

=> What happened yesterday.
I was playing against a team with 2 promote/rally summoners (don't ask me which champions, it was late). It was just 2 people so I thought this combo was coincidence as I have never encountered it. SO we played like normal then at 15 minutes or so the upper tower fell. SO far not that unusual that a tower goes down at that point and I ask if they need help. The, within 1 minute another tower fell. We were all WTF? and raced up. Be the time we arrived the inhibitor tower was down.

All this because of 2 heroes and 2 promotes. Was there a skill difference? Likely, but according to them (talked to them after the game) out guys on the upper lane did not play that bad.

That shows that you don't need 5 promotes to become a tower killer. And I dread when people start doing simultanius promote runs on different lanes instead of all going into one.

Overcast

12-07-2009

I was in a PUG once were our opponents used that strategy on us. It was devastating! ...they took down most of our turrets fast. We played defensively and before we knew it they feed us so much that we were all twice their lvl and plowed right back through their base with ez. I wish the replay feature was up and running i would have so saved that game.

sTrikerT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

I played against 5 man promote couple times, with fortified it's fail push from them.

One time we didn't have fortified, they pushed down two towers in mid early. Then afterwards we just steamrolled them in team fights because they just plain suck.

Such strategy will only work against unorganized teams and early game.

Of course, good players with sivir and alistar is strong pusher already without promote.

Razerwind

12-07-2009

I've went against this twice. First time they won in 15 minutes. It was Alistar/Soraka/Taric/Sivir/Blitz. They were actually good. If anybody got near their power push team then Blitz would pull them into the group and GG. They took down mid turret at level 3, and second turret at 6. They won at level 10ish. We ported in to counter them but we just couldn't counter fast enough.

Second game it was a similar set up. They used their promotes at mid and we were ready for it. They got the turret to 25%, but then we chased them back to mid turret and killed it ha ha ha ha. They did eventually get 2 mid turrets but we slaughtered them. As Trynd I was something like 18-1-15. It IS counterable but your entire team has to be ready to counter it at any given moment. If even 1 person doesn't come to help it's GG.

Hubbz

12-07-2009

I can't read the thumbnail from the OP but tactic is cheesy to start but fails later on.

I pushed back as Sivir with a promote on my own against 3-4 promotes. While I gummed up the works, my team goes and ganks the opposing team and comes back to help me clean up. We push to nexus and they surrender before we kill and one guy goes "You guys suck"

*shrug*

Anyhow, can someone tell me what the heck a pug is?

StevoPhilo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbz View Post
I can't read the thumbnail from the OP but tactic is cheesy to start but fails later on.

I pushed back as Sivir with a promote on my own against 3-4 promotes. While I gummed up the works, my team goes and ganks the opposing team and comes back to help me clean up. We push to nexus and they surrender before we kill and one guy goes "You guys suck"

*shrug*

Anyhow, can someone tell me what the heck a pug is?

PUG means Pick-up Group. So in other words, a random team.

TrickyCat

12-07-2009

to those saying this only pubstomps and doesn't work in higher level play against other teams, should go to solomid.net and refer to the thread about it. 5 man rally strategy is unbeatable in its current form when done properly. It's literally an auto-win from what top players are saying about it.

Pigsticker

12-07-2009

Looks like they are getting rid of Promote in the next patch, so I guess this problem is solved.