Infinity Edge Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shady C

12-05-2009

Infinity Edge.

I'm maining Shaco. And I'm using runes and currently have +25% crit damage. However, I feel like Edge is setting my crit damage to 50% after my runes apply, completely nulling my runes. I also feel like my Deceive is applying after everything as well.

I'd like to know if this is actually happening, and if unknown, for some research to be done about it? Also if that's intended, and if it isn't, I'd love it to be changed :P As I don't even know why Infinity would be recommended for Shaco if it wasn't doing what you'd assume it to do.

Thanks in advance.

JayceJa

12-05-2009

they stack additively

dotaclinkz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2009

Infinity Edge is a unique aura. So would it stack with runes?

EchoRex

12-06-2009

Unique Passives do not stack with other items of the same name

Shady C

12-06-2009

Echo, that's not even what I'm asking.

Let's say you have runes for +25% crit damage and an Infinity Edge. Will you do +75% crit damage? Or do the runes try to apply first, and then the Infinity Edge staticly sets it to +50% after? Same question about Deceive, and the relations of all 3 factors.

JayceJa, what you're saying is they indeed all add up, so Infinity + my runes = +75% damage, and then Deceive also adding in its part as well for even more. However, I really am not so sure about this. I'd really like tests to be taken to see about it. I feel as if they are not simply added together. Plus, the wording on Infinity Edge and Deceive WOULD lead you to believe that they are set to said amount, rather than adding that said amount.

For an example, when I Deceive crit for about 810 with Infinity's item parts (but not the final recipe) and then finish the recipe and Deceive for like 845, that tells me it's not doing additive properties. All the recipe did there is add in that 20 damage.

EchoRex

12-06-2009

Yes, all sources of +crit chance, +crit damage, +damage, +attack speed, etc, stack as long as they are not from multiples of one item with the Unique Passive tag. They are additive, not multiplicative, ie: (2.50+0.25)(base damage) not (2.50)(1.25)(base damage)

Shady C

12-06-2009

Ok. Since you're not really getting what I'm saying...

Infinity Edge says, and I quote: "Critical hits now deal 250% damage instead of 200%."

Not: "Critical hits deal +50% damage."

So this is something that requires testing, not reading off to me simple game mechanics about unique passives. I know how to play this game.

EchoRex

12-06-2009

Reading. Its a skill.

Shady C

12-06-2009

What??

I don't think you're reading...

EchoRex

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
Yes, all sources of +crit chance, +crit damage, +damage, +attack speed, etc, stack as long as they are not from multiples of one item with the Unique Passive tag. They are additive, not multiplicative, ie: (2.50+0.25)(base damage) not (2.50)(1.25)(base damage)
Underlined and bolded for the apparently illiterate.