Top or mid???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PantheraLe0

Recruiter

03-28-2013

So I like to play characters like Zed and Kha'zix, and I'm confused as to whether I should be playing the top or mid lane.

When I play in the mid lane, I find I have trouple versus champions with longer ranges (esp. on zed),a s they constantly harrass me down. In the top lane, I find it hard to use my burst potential against tanky lane opponents.

Advice, clarification, and genrally tips are greatly appreciated.

Luucidx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

Your advantage as an assassin is your gap closer and burst damage. Majority of ranged characters are fairly squishy, close that gap and hit them back. If not, keep your distance and farm up. Ask your jungler or someone to come assist you, but don't be so demanding if they are busy doing other things (ganking other lanes, jungling to keep up with everyone, laning, etc.) Both Kha'Zix and Zed have ranged attacks, you don't always have to attack melee range.
Against tankier opponents, poke them when they overextend and come in for those last hits.
Last note, always keep minions in mind and keep in check who is missing inlane and where the jungler was last seen.

spangledashia

03-28-2013

Both of these situations are easily solved by playing the champion more and getting more used to their abilities strong suits and weaknesses. These can be very hard to do in Blind Pick, but once you get up in level, Draft Mode allows you to better prepare for what your getting into. So my best advice is just to play the champs more and you will learn what to do naturally

moneymaker

03-28-2013

Zed is the perfect mid champion, a q that can go through minions, and a shadow that can easily close gaps between champions. Kha'zix is imo a great jungler on the other hand, and I would not choose to play him as a mid champion.

EDIT: Kha'zix is also a great gap closer!