Please don't report/ban new players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zurgos Warrior

03-28-2013

I find it quite bothering that people who get to play for their very first time (including me) get so much rage and hate from other players who consider them pro. I remember in my very first game I had the terrible mistake on not playing first a bot game (I was very excited 'cause I've never played a game like this before) how reported by both teams because they said I sucked and I should uninstall the game (I ended 5/7/10).

Really, we all have been new people in the game and we have no real idea how to play correctly, and you can't expect to learn like pro's (most are here to have just fun), so please or either the matchmaking should stop putting us with such high level players (lvls 1 against lvls 30) or either have more patience and remember the Summoners Code.

xbladethemaster

03-28-2013

Yeah, it's discouraging, but there's always those kind of people.

You should try to disregard anything those people are saying. They're usually not that good themselves and have to slander noobs to make up for their incompetence. Use your mute button if you have to.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

03-28-2013

Matchmaking does match up new players against other new players, but of course there are many proficient players who play on a low level account for some reason or another, so there's no way to completely avoid that.

No player, new or not, should be reported or berated for not doing well in game. Fortunately the report system and the Tribunal make it very difficult for an unskilled player to get in trouble over nothing but poor performance. And if you report people who are abusive in chat, they'll wind up getting punished instead.

LordHallow

03-28-2013

These type of people are what you call "hypocrites". Ignore it, and it will die off on its own.

Lianca

Recruiter

03-28-2013

5/7/10 isn't terrible.

If you want to get into pvp, or just play bot games, or do some other fun stuff with a group of people who will help, encourage and never rage at you, come and find us over in the GLHFGG chat. We work hard to promote a non-toxic gaming community, regardless of level, number of games, or ability.

(To find the chat, click the View Chat Room Control Panel tab in the bottom right of the client window. Then click the Create or Join a Chat Room button. Type glhfgg into the box and hit enter.)

Parallel Trance

03-29-2013

If you run straight into the lane and go 0-20, I've seen it way too many times, you should and will get reported for feeding. That's just my opinion though. I do give new summoners a bit of a leniency policy though, but if you aren't at least trying to understand the game, or listening to your teammates, that's hurting them too.

WizardWhateley

03-29-2013

New players are the lifeblood of online games. Without new players, online games die. Respect the noob.

Krazlam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2013

I kind of glanced through, not sure if other people have made this statement, but you should also consider that lower end players tend to have illogical behavior. For instance, saying that a player is terrible, even if the player is genuinely a decent player.

I don't mean to brag, but *points at platinum badge* I'm pretty sure I'm not the worst player around, and yet I've gotten a lot of rage for things that I know were out of my control. People tend to not like to blame themselves when something goes wrong, and a strange that they disagree with is usually the scapegoat. Don't take it personally, and chances are you won't ever get banned for simply being a bad player.

WazzySheet

03-30-2013

If youre just starting out i recommend playing bot games until atleast level 5 and by that time you will have the basics of the game down pat and all the smurfs will be gone

Recreant888

03-30-2013

Let me give you some cheerful news: If you are reported as an unskilled player, it is not going to move you closer to a ban.

Reports for intentional feeding and/or assisting the enemy team can lead to a Tribunal case, but once there simple bad play is not counted against you.