Champion Spotlight: Karma, the Enlightened One

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SixXeRSeXMaChiNe

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarue View Post
how bout giving nasus some of that earth fire animation buddies.
Make a new voli skin PLEAAASE. I WILL PAY YOU $30 for it, JEEZ. Just make a voli skin that i can buy and not be embarrassed. Fire that artist. Terrible skins. And I know. I collect champs and skins. Spent over 1k on this game in 6 months so far on 3 accounts. Voli is one of the vhamps that simply had a skin I couldnt even buy on sale. It's that bad. I thought you wanted my money? He is not underplayed. It will sell. Make one for your customers that spend $$$$ make it 1350 I dont care just make a good one. Why is that so hard? Maybe Ill never understand. Few other champs , same problem. Voli skins are just embarrassing though, and Im in no way being sarcastic. I really want to buy a good looking skin and he has only 2 and they are both very lame

SixXeRSeXMaChiNe

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wemenas View Post
Well, I am really disapointed... Karma was from far a great champion for who was ready to play a champion that require high skills. Karma had the strongest sheild in league of legends and the most useful heal. think about it? a AoE heal that deal alot of damage. its extreamely strong end game. and her sheild... By mixing my q, my w and my e on a allie bruisier I was able to make him 1 v 3 far easely. Under a tower mid game you was not able to kill karma she was getting stronger more she was low wich mean her sheild too. She had that mature voice I really loved. What she was saying while using mantra's was one of the reason i bought her like... 7 month ago... But now... RIOT needed money I guess so they changed her. I tough they couldve just buffed her like reduce the cooldown of ult and sheild of 1 or 2 second (she would got OP but its better then now). No... they reworked her, I dont recognize Karma... For me its more of a support version of Leblanc than Karma. A broken champ for 600 elo player that only desire easy win. Yes a 600 elo champ. She now have roots, real burst, cd on basic atk. Ofc in term of OPness it IS op. But is it fun to play? No. Karma is exactly like Trundle. They are (not anymore because of the new Karma)... they was bad champion on the first look, but SOOO strong when u got high skills and training. But they are not popular. Seriously League IF YOU DARE changing Trundle because hes not used alot I will come personnally see Morello and Dickslap him. League. If you want money do new champ thats it. You could've take this Karma and give her new name another look and TADAAA a new support for low skill player. But the peaple who extreamely loved the old Karma would've been really happy. Same with Evelynn, I know lots of peaple disappointed in the Evelynn rework even if its op. Why did'nt you just create a new champ instea of evelynn rework? Even if some champ are impopular it dosent mean ALL the community hate her. And By the way, most of Karma haters did'nt even played her or played her to her full potential. This rework is jerk and i got it far into my... you know what I mean.

Wemenas.

You are obviously one of the extremely rare and few people that exist in this universe that even attained a decent gaming experience with her, but only because you obviously mained her for awhile. Learned her inside out, and exploited the fact nobody played her cuz she sucked. But since you play her soooo much you can do a couple cool things? She is way better now. You're just mad you spent all that time trying to learn a champ nobody played so you might have an unfair advantage (Just a guess)

SixXeRSeXMaChiNe

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeul Kwon View Post
This is what I'm talking about.

Plz Listen! Riot. Do not ignore complaints

All wrong. Riot does not listen to the 1% of people that liked the old karma. Majority rules. Haven't you ever heard that? I'll bet you anything there was more people that disliked the old karma and are very happy that she is actually playable now. When before... Riot does listen, at least regarding karma. Great Job. I was so sick of her being the only champ I wuld NOT buy because she was SOOO lame, and I didnt want to spend a month 24/7 straight in my basement with no light or food just to get "good" at her. And that my friend. Are the ONLY people that care. And barely ANYBODY played her before. So if you played her before, there's a whole nother issue going on with you maybe? Point is. You bashing Riot is incorrect. Your Opinion does not count as 1 millions peoples opinion. It really is like a spaceship looking down on an ant. And you're the ant. Not making fun. Just drawing a picture or metaphor so you can stop spreading these 1% opinions on this thread. I already played gainst her. And she owned me. I have 2 lvl 30's. GO re learn her. Nothing Lasts forever. I bet you didnt even read the ters and conditions. Riot is not responsible to do anything for you, and can stop anything and everything if they want to and no refunds. QQ when that happens.

MasterRohan

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixXeRSeXMaChiNe View Post
The old karam SUCKED. Riot. Dont listen to any of these newbs that are saying they miss the old karma. The new karma is sooooo much better its crazy. You ppl are insane. Literally QQ babies for not even a good reason? you have to make something up? Sorry, but if you think karma was good before, then you are in the 1% group, not the 99% reality group. Get a clue.

Old Karma did not suck, like I said, if you can't play to the fullest potential and turn your enemies away from you, you fail playing her. I'm also, for your information, not a "newb", thank you very much. I'm not making things up if there's also know how to play her and actually think she's better before. Yes, maybe we who could play old Karma better are the minority, but doesn't mean you have the right to call us "newb" or "out of reality group".

All I hope for is simply asking Riot to read our comments about old Karma player's thoughts and reconsider bringing the old Karma back. I believe Riot have all the right to change a champion, but changing it complete is just not right. The new Karma deserve its own champion title, and that is not Karma. Yes, maybe the old Karma has low win rate, but it doesn't deserve to disappear! If you can't play a certain champion, you either pick another one or stick with it and play to its fullest potential. There's no need to kill a champion completely. There should be an option to refund all skins and champion after such big changes, but even till now, Riot still haven't give us any feed back, but leave all of us debating whether the new Karma is better or worse compare to the old Karma.

Ira Nibanabane

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixXeRSeXMaChiNe View Post
She is AWESOME compared to before. Props riot. PPL actually run from her now. LOL
I have played against karma mid, and team and all the rest. She OWNS. PERIOD. If you dont own with her. Go practice a new champ on the bots like everyone else maybe? Then QQ?
The problem in right there in your own statement. She's meant to be a support champ primarily, but she had the option of being mid as well, like most supports. Now it's like slapping a Support label on Ahri. It just doesn't belong there and isn't how it should be.

The old Karma was far more powerful than this one on the matter of diversity and in full capability. While this new "Karma" may have a slightly higher burst damage, the old one had sustain and the ability to get through a lot of tight situations in a way that many players might call lucky, but a knowledgeable player would know as skillfully. That ability to turn the tide of a battle from what would seem a loss into an astounding victory and push on is lost on the remake, and in it's place is a call that you should be trying to nuke down your opponents quickly because you won't have time for a second chance. The skill name Defiance would have been well placed in the old Karma's kit because she was one of the few champions would could challenge any opposition and often come out ahead if not just put up an impressive fight.

I'm under the impression that Riot purposely timed the release of Zac and Karma like this. It would be a standard, if shameful(in my opinion), business/government practice. Do something that people who care about a topic wont appreciate and cover it up with something that everyone has some interest in. They can then effectively brush off the less desirable to talk about topic in the interest of catering to the masses that have their eyes on the popular item.
How many people knew about the Monsanto Protection Act that was passed? What about Gay Marriage as a news topic?

L33tT4rd

04-02-2013

RIP old Karma. The new one is more mage-y IMO.

VidelPC

04-02-2013

I really hope that Riot will look at us, old Karma players, and just think about what happened
Such a change for a champion is really weird, specially when you consider that so few people actually enjoyed playing her.
Her unique set (just thinking about those 6-leveled spells), her very tactical abilities that were always supporting allies AND debuffing enemies when you knew how to use Mantra.....
Her heal could turn over a teamfight, while blasting away enemies, her shield could pop out and really put the other team to disadvantage (specially if you bought Rilay's). Finally, her tether would either help your hard cc-er to jump on/neutralize the enemy ADC while doing some damage OR prevent that same ADC from fleeing.
Now, she's just a mage, with a scaling Ult that isn't really necessary, but is because of a rework that changes her so deeply that us, old Karma players, do not recognize our Karma anymore.
She is a new champ.
She is pretty cool, but do not deserve to be called Karma

NightHawk9380

04-02-2013

Hey everyone,

I originally read this thread before the new release, and I'll post my bit about it in the hopes that riot will read it and take it into account.

Since playing the new her, a few things that really bug me:

1. Her Q. It changed from a aoe damage and heal to a poke.
2. Her Ulti. It is a scaled ability, meaning that she doesn't have 6 levels on her other three. There's one at a time, so it doesn't do much at all (instead of stacking 2).
3. Her artwork (I know this was a change, but did when you said you were keeping the traditional skin did you have to change it?)
4. She can't actually help allies:
a. She can't heal allies
b. She can't hasten allies (or minions).
5. Her passive. Her old passive was amazing, her new passive ties in with the changes to her ulti to allow it to be used twice in team fights, but with two seconds cd on a 40sec ult for each spell.. at minimum, that's gotta be a 15-20sec teamfight... =(

Now, her positives:
1. It has gotten more people to play her, though whether this is just a fad of people trying the 'new' champion remains to be seen.
2. Her w now stuns. Really good.

As you can probably see, in my opinion at least, she's changed so much you've removed her 'karma'ness. She is no longer karma!

She is no longer Karma! Karma is dead, this is essentially a new champion.

In regards to her 'old' self, she had a ridiculous skill cap, probably the highest in the game, and she didn't do much damage in return for it. For example, anivia is fairly hard to play, but her damage output makes people willing to learn her. For karma, there was no incentive; its not that she was a weak character, but that she was too hard with no visible incentive to learn her.

A few (moot) suggestions I would've made to improve people playing her would be to lower the skill cap required to play her, or potentially replace her old q with the new one... Not all these changes at once.

But hey, my two cents worth, I hope it gets taken into consideration.

icey chiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunshy82 View Post
An opinion –
I wanted to play a few rounds with the new Karma before I penned this all down.

The rework was aimed at making Karma more playable for everyone. Alot of people who had Karma knew how to play her, and do so effectively. A lot of team-mates knew how to play with her once it was explained how to use her abilities effectively. There was a lot of things to take into account, the presence of mantra counters floating about her, positioning, and overall complementing abilities.

She was difficult to play (as reflected in her stats) but she was not unplayable. In fact I found her to be the most effective support around when playing with friends who knew what she did.
Anyway – there are multiple pros and cons to the change.

For starters her ease of use, Karma has become much more easy to use and easier to be team-mates with. Less explanation required at the beginning of the match when playing with random teams. Her abilities have been increased in power and her passive increases the frequency of Mantra use.

However her complexity reduction severely hurt Karma’s greatest strength: her versatility.
She was difficult to manage, but she could shield, heal, mass haste, mass slow, clothes line retreating enemies, and do decent damage. With a couple charges of Mantra, each of these abilities could be supercharged to make for an amazing result rivalling any ultimate.
After a couple of rounds of playing her, she feels nothing like the support she once was. Mantra is still there, but with one charge and a cool down reduction passive. It no longer feels like the game changing team fight ability it once was. Yes it feels more powerful per single use, but at the same time it doesn’t feel as effective as other ultimates. With one charge instead of two, you no longer have the combos her abilities available to change for a devastating effect.
(Empowered Spirit link slowing several retreating enemies + shield pop was my favourite)
Overall I can see where Riot was going with her. They wanted to make her popular and playable. All in all they did it well. Anyone can play Karma now without much difficulty, her abilities are very straight forward, Mantra use has been simplified, and her passive is less risky to make use of.
I think what most people are upset about is the loss of her versatility and how ‘simple’ Karma has become. Her abilities are no longer difficult to choose when and where to use them. Karma was a difficult character to play and those that mastered her could take on virtually any situation.
Many of us loved that about her.

Most people expected to have her abilities tweaked to suit her versatility and empower her further. I heard a lot of players talking hopefully of healing/damage attached to spirit link or her passive giving bonus magic resist as well as ability power. However we got to keep in mind her abilities already were overpowering in the right situation with players that know how to play with karma, strengthening them more would be a nightmare to balance.

I find she is a good character now for players that want a middling difficulty champ. Decent harrassment, a good ab caster comparable to most other mages. Support wise, she falls short but that appears to be what they were going for.

For those of us who enjoyed playing the complex and difficult to play support she was… we will have to look elsewhere and hopefully Riot will supply another support champion that has such versatility again.
as a karma player of old, i think this is the best post i seen so far.
so hopefully others will do as he did, look at good, bad, and move on.
i ain't happy with new, but nothing you can do but give suggestions for making her better with new, so lets just help with suggestions to make the new karma great, or stop fighting and stop playing her, those of minority that liked old, you keep saying "she was underplayed but good" then just boycott the new one, if it goes to the same stat's the old one was, they have to rethink it. or ignore it tell they get around to it. they won't change it soon tell get proper data, which won't happen tell after the "honeymoon" phrase of everyone trying her.

Ira Nibanabane

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk9380 View Post
Now, her positives:
1. It has gotten more people to play her, though whether this is just a fad of people trying the 'new' champion remains to be seen.
2. Her w now stuns. Really good.

It's a Root, don't make the mistake I used to, when I first picked up Lux, in thinking they're the same. Stun doesn't allow enemy to use abilities, Root does. It hurts to make that mistake if you try to AA Darius when he's Rooted >.> (apprehend -> crippling strike -> decimate)