Champion Spotlight: Karma, the Enlightened One

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThexDarkxAngel

03-29-2013

sooooo op I love everything about the new rework I wouldnt change anything

Thee Zs

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyesa View Post
Idk why they changed her abilities she really sucks now thanks for ruining my favorite champion in the game
Totally agree. back then, she could at least be a good support to the team. now she can barely support and her damage output isn't as good. sure she got range, but i rather trade that in for damage, a cone heal and shield that dealt massive damage. riot, all you needed to do was change her W so the person who was strung gets hurt. that is all i would ask for. why make her such an unplayable character now?

LikaG6

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtelierTM View Post
the reason is that the people you are queued with usually didnt know how karma worked so she ended up not being used. but now her abils are nice though the shield is too low to really help and her dmg on her abils are way too low to be anything but support, and since the heal is a self heal with mantra she really cant be a GOOD support like she was. the 1-2 second stun is nice and the shield is good but with no heal she is kinda like a weaker Lux. she cant really be a mid due to how the dmg of her skills and auto attack compare to other mids, she doesnt have the burst nor the sustain. i really like her new look, and the new skills IDEAS but the dmg and sustain really put her behind others like Lux.
>Implying you need a heal as a support on bottom lane.
Karma is good you watch. She's going to be just like the rest of the champs that no one knew were OP until someone plays her effectively. aka rengar, hecarim, etc.

Seth the Bum

03-29-2013

It would have been pretty cool if selecting Traditional Karma would grant the user the old abilities instead. That way, everyone can be happy. Of course, then you'd have to find a way so that "two" champions could be under the same name.

Overall, I find support Karma to be little to no fun anymore with the rework, while her offensive capabilities have increased significantly. She used to have this perfect balance of Yin and Yang with her abilities but now that's all gone. I don't miss the heal too much because it wasn't very good, but it was nice to have. The slowing and hasting tethers were the most fun part, in my opinion. Also, her new backstory is lame.

Thee Zs

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbudar View Post
to be honest old karma was like a bruiser support mid type of character her skills did a lot of sustain/shield/dps type of stuff
i feel now she is way more of a mid/support much like lux or morgana can be played or oriana that being said i think aftera few weeks of play i do believe the 2 charges should be brought back
i somewhat feel its not very nice of riot to cater to a meta that is ever changing at all times it brings to much head aches if you ask me balance the champs out looking at teamfights/skirmishes/laning regardles of what lane you will still get stuff like counters but that should not be something build in from the start but thats a different subject

returning from beign side tracked
i much more prefer to have a charge per lvl of ult then 1 charge at all times with lower cdr now you have to be very agressive to pull out your maximum potential and even that after you use your skills

i stil wana play with karma the way she is now before i would come back with an extensive report so to speak
Agreed. Look at lux for example. what does lux have that karma doesn't? snare 2x, shields (twice also. yeah, you need to aim, but i rather have that), a slow to see bushes and can pop it whenever she likes (up to a certain time frame), and a ult that will deal half your hp at a long range. karma has the same exact things, but at a smaller scale and the only advantage i can see is a self heal and a shield that can boost speed for a short amount of time. Why would i want to play a character that's just less of some other character? i love the old karma. it did what it suppose to. support, heal and can deal a decent amount of damage if she needed to. now....i don't even know what she is.

Elexinia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2013

Yeah...i played Karma as a support and as ap mid

as support: no heal, slow doesnt last enough or isnt slow enough the shield: it blocks the damage but it when it goes away the damage dealt still shows..as if the shield blocked nothing..

her ult: with only 1 charge and a slightly long CD..doesnt really do much if you can only cast either a group shield/speed boost..a chain that even with ult doesnt heal for very much at low heath...or a spell that the slow only works from max range

as AP mid: her Q does good damage but thats all she has, Her w still doesnt heal for anything and her E..the shield literally blocks one hit from anything and when it goes away..you are missing the health anyways and her ult...still is only useful for that group shield

please..either make it so her W can be cast on minions and monsters for a self heal, make her shield also heal, make her Q slow more, and/or make her ult have 2 charges

she is not very good in team fights anymore..only good to help the champs run away from the fight

Quote:
Totally agree. back then, she could at least be a good support to the team. now she can barely support and her damage output isn't as good. sure she got range, but i rather trade that in for damage, a cone heal and shield that dealt massive damage. riot, all you needed to do was change her W so the person who was strung gets hurt. that is all i would ask for. why make her such an unplayable character now?
yes..she is very unplayable and honestly..i thought the rework would make her badass..not terrible to play

this rework makes her just as bad as when eve got her nerf..in fact...i think this rework was a nerf in disquise

please work on karma...i got her before the rework and thought she was amazing..now..im sort of regretting it

and also..as a support..her W is good for those ganks because she can root and run away..but thats it

IudicoLetum

03-29-2013

HATE! I hate how she has a lb spell. She cant heal any allys anymore, and her slow is so unoriginal now.
I only loved her for her complete originality, and now shes just another bloody caster...

Ira Nibanabane

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaG6 View Post
>Implying you need a heal as a support on bottom lane.
Karma is good you watch. She's going to be just like the rest of the champs that no one knew were OP until someone plays her effectively. aka rengar, hecarim, etc.
Karma was already like this, more so than most champs. I have to say playing the new one is incredibly underwhelming. I'm just under the opinion that they should revert her to how she was, fix some numbers on her and give her a VU with the fan model she had before.

However, sticking to this new thing-they're-calling-Karma-but-I-refuse-to-acknowledge...

I think they could just make the Q more like Ziggs' minefield where you point and click to place the spell because the skill shot thing is just ridiculous for the skill as it is now.
The W could get the speed boost/decrease from before instead of the stupid Root which would give her some 1/2 decent cc at least and make it so the mantra bonus would serve to let her kite a little instead of just being a gradual heal that probably won't go into full effect because you'll be dead before it gets to that point, given Karma isn't that fast.
The E is pretty much fine as it is for a support type, though the damage and shield amounts might be better to change around given she's supposedly a support.
Lastly, give her 2 friggin mantras again, keep the 45second cooldown and revert to the old passive. This will give her some presence as a damaging support while allowing her to make tactical decisions on when and how to best use a mantra as opposed to trying to attack everyone to refresh it.

Lexiane

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizman87 View Post
What happened to "giving the free traditional skin out to those that already own Karma" from a few weeks ago? ._.

Also: "Tons of damage!" :P
hahahaha they do -.- if you had karma before then you would get the traditional karma because i have it....

Lexiane

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira Nibanabane View Post
Karma was already like this, more so than most champs. I have to say playing the new one is incredibly underwhelming. I'm just under the opinion that they should revert her to how she was, fix some numbers on her and give her a VU with the fan model she had before.

However, sticking to this new thing-they're-calling-Karma-but-I-refuse-to-acknowledge...

I think they could just make the Q more like Ziggs' minefield where you point and click to place the spell because the skill shot thing is just ridiculous for the skill as it is now.
The W could get the speed boost/decrease from before instead of the stupid Root which would give her some 1/2 decent cc at least and make it so the mantra bonus would serve to let her kite a little instead of just being a gradual heal that probably won't go into full effect because you'll be dead before it gets to that point, given Karma isn't that fast.
The E is pretty much fine as it is for a support type, though the damage and shield amounts might be better to change around given she's supposedly a support.
Lastly, give her 2 friggin mantras again, keep the 45second cooldown and revert to the old passive. This will give her some presence as a damaging support while allowing her to make tactical decisions on when and how to best use a mantra as opposed to trying to attack everyone to refresh it.
i for all kinda enjoy the new karma...i have such a big burst on my mid lane =o