Could anyone enlighten me on Armor Penetration?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vladou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2009

Could some kind hearted folks tell me how Armor Pen works? Does 1 ArP removes 1 Ar from the target or is a it a %? I've read the mechanics thread, but didn't find an answer to my question. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Xirus

12-05-2009

Pretty sure that 1 ARP removes 1 AR from the target. In the event of having last whisper (-40% armour), you take away the 40% and then subtract the ARP.

For example, if the enemy has 300 armour, and you have a last whisper and 50 ARP, the last whisper penetrates 40% (120 armour in this case), and then you have a further 50 on top of that, for a total reduction of 170, which brings the enemy armour to 130.

kaodynamics

12-05-2009

Well I think Runes are calculated last so I think that happens. For items if you have an armor penetrating item and an armor debuff item the Armor debuff is calculated first.

Vladou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

So it would be calculated as followed, items/buffs/debuffs/runes?

Bait

12-09-2009

i do know that last whisper procs after black cleaver.

riot programmer told us this a long time ago. i heard this second hand so i can't confirm it though.

Vladou

12-10-2009

Wow, most confusing, now there's even an order for items...

Could anyone confirm the order in which ArP is calculated or point me to an actual thread, if there is one.

Thanks.

Andross

12-10-2009

It goes Debuff(as they are already effecting the target), % based armor pen, and flat armor pen last. Note that armor pen cannot go into the negative, although debuffs can (such as Black Cleaver or Corki's Gatling gun), so in those cases they don't work well together.