Newbie Tuesday: A Weekly Game Night for New Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarthReckoner

04-01-2013

I will likely make a new chat room each Tuesday for everyone to meet in and I will post that chat room name on the website where only members can view it.

The reason for this is two fold:
1. It helps me keep the place troll free, and in the unlikely event that I have to ban people from the site, they will not know where we meet anymore.
2. This forces (I don't like saying that ) people to sign up with the site, which in turn gives me some basic info on the members (skill level, favorite roles & champs). This will help me group everyone fairly into teams when we play.

Blarg892

04-01-2013

I'm going to submit my credentials to the site too. I'm a level 30 but I have 2 smurfs around level 10ish. I was using them to help a few friends level up but they got too frustrated by the low level trolls and never got much further. I hope I can contribute some of my knowledge <no, i'm not a pro, I've just been playing for a few years> and help out the lowbies in a non ragey enviroment. <nodnods>

SmittenCakes

04-01-2013

I registered for it and I'm waiting approval, this is a good idea and I'm very interested. I've been playing mostly normals lately, and though I haven't really ranto TOO many rude folks[lucky] there are a lot of people who just seem to refuse to play to win. Refuse to work as a team basically, I'm not very good but I'm just looking for some people to play with that want to learn how to play correctly and have fun at the same time.

BooneBuck

04-01-2013

I just got out of a game where our Riven kept forcing fights we'd lose... Free week Rivens....

Firemanaf

04-01-2013

Just registered.

JDogg

04-01-2013

Gotta say I really like what you're doing in making a non-toxic environment for newer players. I'm almost 30 myself and have been playing for a few months, so I wouldn't say I'm super new, but I definitely still have alot to learn. I just signed up for the site and would be happy to participate and provide any advice I can even if I won't have a ton of it to dish out.

RickyRoawr

04-01-2013

I just joined their chat and played with their guys. Definitely had fun and will love to play with them again. It was so fun, and so long! We just got out of the game that was 79 minutes long with 53/53 tie. It was a great game. The people are friendly, and are willing to discuss the moves, tactics and champions.

DarthReckoner

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyRoawr View Post
I just joined their chat and played with their guys. Definitely had fun and will love to play with them again. It was so fun, and so long! We just got out of the game that was 79 minutes long with 53/53 tie. It was a great game. The people are friendly, and are willing to discuss the moves, tactics and champions.
Hey, I'm really glad to hear you had a good experience! I've actually been so busy trying to stay on top of things I haven't even had the chance to play a game with anyone yet.

Really looking forward to tomorrow night and meeting everyone.

Gungrave187

04-02-2013

I joined this and LoL University. I figure the more help I can get the better and so far I really enjoy both groups very much.

BoundMirage

04-02-2013

I'll be looking forward to playing with everyone tonight, . . . well, if I can. =p I'm running on hotel internet for the day, but it's unusually faster than others I've been on, so it should be playable.