Newbie Tuesday: A Weekly Game Night for New Players

12345612 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

Always good to see this sort of thing starting up! I believe GLHFGG began in much the same way, and they recently did a community tournament with - by all accounts - fantastic turnout.

I wish you all the best and may you find success and, more importantly, fun!

BStein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

really nice looking site and i always like seeing going out of there way to help people find a good group of people to play with.

BooneBuck

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy Maxy View Post
Um... I may be a smurf but I'm learning how to adc. May I still join?
If you need help with ADC I might beable to.

DarthReckoner

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDaAmericans View Post
so i guess that means that i cant join?
Well, not if you live up to your name, lol.

Everyone is free to join...I will just ban people as needed, like a much faster version of the Tribunal.

It seems that just as many 'smurfs' are as interested as actual newbs. I think it would be fun to have the smurfs be team captains and split up the newbs onto their teams. Then the captains can help direct the flow of the game. That's something a lot of new players, including myself, need help with. Knowing when to do objectives, when to push mid, when to split push, etc.

Morsdraconis

03-31-2013

I'm interested, though it seems like your website doesn't like Chrome when it comes to browsing the forums and such (unless the forums aren't actually setup yet - but the same thing happens when I go to read the rest of the current article that you wrote on the main page as well - that is to say, it displays just the normal website outline with no text or any graphics in the main page section when I click to read the rest of the article or go to the forums).

I'm by no means a pro, but I'm level 19 (if I'm not mistaken) at the moment and working my way toward 30. I'm personally interested in learning all facets of the game, but haven't done anything with jungling yet (as well I shouldn't as jungling below 20 is just useless) and have barely touched mid characters really so any helpful tips are always appreciated (including where to go/what to do to get your website working correctly besides switching browsers - which I'm not fond of having to do).

DarthReckoner

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsdraconis View Post
I'm interested, though it seems like your website doesn't like Chrome when it comes to browsing the forums and such (unless the forums aren't actually setup yet - but the same thing happens when I go to read the rest of the current article that you wrote on the main page as well - that is to say, it displays just the normal website outline with no text or any graphics in the main page section when I click to read the rest of the article or go to the forums).

I'm by no means a pro, but I'm level 19 (if I'm not mistaken) at the moment and working my way toward 30. I'm personally interested in learning all facets of the game, but haven't done anything with jungling yet (as well I shouldn't as jungling below 20 is just useless) and have barely touched mid characters really so any helpful tips are always appreciated (including where to go/what to do to get your website working correctly besides switching browsers - which I'm not fond of having to do).
You have to join the site (and await my approval) to be able to view the forums. I check the site occasionally throughout the day to approve new members....just approved you :P

Morsdraconis

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthReckoner View Post
You have to join the site (and await my approval) to be able to view the forums. I check the site occasionally throughout the day to approve new members....just approved you :P
Ah! Gotcha. Makes sense now.

Looking forward to Tuesday and playing with you guys.

JonnyTapas

03-31-2013

I applied, I'm also a level 30 summoner, but we all need practice, and I personally have patience to teach and help players through their mistakes.

I have a level 5 smurf account to help keep runes and masteries on an even playing field and to keep the matching system from being too difficult for newer players.

Ultimately I'm looking for a fun way to play the game without all the toxic behavior.

(Make all the 30's play random only! Haha!)

MaxStormyStorm

03-31-2013

In game chatroom?

BooneBuck

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy Maxy View Post
In game chatroom?
That's a bad idea. Darth get on it!

12345612 ... 15