Cannabalism and Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slyvery

03-28-2013

@NamKim

As we have seen from Feedskis threads Riot has been ignoring us, or has a very timid red base or doesn't have the manpower to follow through properly with our suggestions and wishes. This leads me to believe that Dominion is simply an after thought, the cost analysis are done and models just need updating over time. That is to say these models aren't wrong or an improper analysis has been done but the actions of Riot speak loudly.

The only red that I know of for a fact that works on Dominion or TT is RiotNome - Please correct me if this is wrong, and he rarely plays Dominion.

*Edit*

At this point I would be really scared if we saw a huge increase in Devs focusing on Dominion because this would entail SR is starting to falter/fail/stagnate/or they just already have enough people and I am paranoid.

NamKim

03-28-2013

@OP

Your entire argument can be countered with the fact that League of Legends still continues to the be the fastest growing online game in the world right now.

Plus, due to League of Legends business mode of a free to play game, making more diverse while a centralized map is beneficial.

It's kind of complicated so I won't bore you with details. (Which is really my way of saying "I'm too fricken lazy to write up a huge post about this right now") So, just take my word for it since I'm probably right anyways.

A Slime Appears

03-28-2013

Your starbucks example is terrible. 2 starbucks on the same block are competing for the same finite amount of nearby customers. A game on the internet (especially one that is free to play) can reach as many people as there are in the world, and the game modes are different enough that they are really selling two different things. There is no real reason to believe that a bigger dominion population would spell doom for SR. It wouldn't.

UPfreely

03-29-2013

bad comparatives, its more like starbucks offering donuts with their coffee