@Riot - We need a FEMALE champion from Zaun...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

Stylus, how about making a champion who plays like a mage, but who has psychokinetic powers? Like Charlie in Firestarter or Sarah Kerrigan from Starcraft. Ya know, a ''mind mage'' sorta thing

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no champion in League relies solely on the power of their mind as a source of energy. You have scientists and scholars who dabble in magic (or are downright pros, rather), but no one who can say ''My mind is my greatest weapon'' litteraly.

Talith PA

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I very much like the idea of a jetpack champion actually. I love it as a trope. I'm huge into the Rocketeer sort of motif ala the Disney movie. However, if I had my druthers I'd probably place such a champion in Piltover, since the deco style that's most associated with jetpacks, or so I feel, and the personality of such a champion, to me at least, jives a bit more with Piltover. Sleek, sort of hotshot, and more along the lines of the goden age of flight.

Zaun feels very haphazard, more psychopathic. I feel that maybe a more cool and collected Asami Sato sort of character would fit nicely into the jetpack/ace flyer zone than a mad scientist from Zaun, but that's just me! I think there's a lot of opportunity in Zaun, but my inclination is to turn that up to an eleven, embrace the complete crazy, and use the arsenal of story telling elements and mechanics that Zaun has to offer in all it's zaniness.
Rocket Knight Riven! Little jetpack bursts everytime she hops!

MoreBaked

03-28-2013

Quote:
O hay, I'm an artist and draw pictures and also on vacation so let me totally get on that for you.
you're on vacation? want to play a few games with me? :3

ManDudeMcDudeman

03-28-2013

Quote:
I very much like the idea of a jetpack champion actually. I love it as a trope. I'm huge into the Rocketeer sort of motif ala the Disney movie. However, if I had my druthers I'd probably place such a champion in Piltover, since the deco style that's most associated with jetpacks, or so I feel, and the personality of such a champion, to me at least, jives a bit more with Piltover. Sleek, sort of hotshot, and more along the lines of the goden age of flight.

Zaun feels very haphazard, more psychopathic. I feel that maybe a more cool and collected Asami Sato sort of character would fit nicely into the jetpack/ace flyer zone than a mad scientist from Zaun, but that's just me! I think there's a lot of opportunity in Zaun, but my inclination is to turn that up to an eleven, embrace the complete crazy, and use the arsenal of story telling elements and mechanics that Zaun has to offer in all it's zaniness.
How about a cyborg girl then? Tons of prosthetics, hidden missile bays, pop-out Gatling guns, energy shields, laser weapons (maybe a laser sword? I'm surprised you guys haven't done this yet), some kind of thruster mechanism to enable high-speed dashing... The possibilities are endless, especially with Zaun.

Ecclesias

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryiel View Post
Stylus, how about making a champion who plays like a mage, but who has psychokinetic powers? Like Charlie in Firestarter or Sarah Kerrigan from Starcraft. Ya know, a ''mind mage'' sorta thing

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no champion in League relies solely on the power of their mind as a source of energy. You have scientists and scholars who dabble in magic (or are downright pros, rather), but no one who can say ''My mind is my greatest weapon'' litteraly.

Karma "magic" is her will given form

NotBuzzJack

03-28-2013

Quote:
Since when does anything RiotTeaTime do not qualify as ridiculously hot?

I mean.. Varrus splash.. c'mon.
She's also pretty damn good at drawing Morgana.

http://yumedust.deviantart.com/art/M...2F8127666&qo=7
^That's a really old piece too.

Galeru

03-28-2013

@IronStylus & OP How about instead of a jet pack you go with the original mad scientist trope and give her electricity based powers? The only other one I can think of off the top of my head with such a theme is Kennen and he's decidedly elemental with his theme. I think, also, that such a concept lends itself to interesting design choices, such as an electrical overload/instability mechanic that is similar to Rumbles in which all of her abilities, or perhaps just her ult, are low cooldown, but the more they are spammed the more your instability gauge rises and, above 50 percent, there's a higher and higher chance of malfunction.

For example, going with the movement idea from before, it could be an arcing leap forward, only doing minor damage, mostly used for movement, but when it malfunctions/overloads, it deals high AOE damage at the terminus and stuns all enemies, and the caster, for a short duration.

Or an attack that's a basic line skillshot with an electrical arc that when it overloads or malfunctions it turns into a cone attack with higher damage but disables the ability for 2 or 2.5x the cooldown

OMGQueRico

03-28-2013

i was just looking through the champions and I noticed that there are very few non-humanoid female champions. I think Anivia is the only one that isn't half-human half-animal. There are some halfsies out there, namely Elise, Zyra, and Nami (maybe Nid, Cass, Ori and Soraka too) but it seems that there are simply very few non-humanoid females in the league.

As far as males are concerned, Thresh, Kha'Zix, Rengar, Hecarim, Nautilus, Volibear, Fizz, Xerath, Skarner, Wukong (half?), Yorick (?), Nocturne, Moakai, Renekton, Trundle, Malphite, Kog'Maw, Urgot, Nasus, Warwick, Alistar and some other debatable ones.

Yordles not included. Am I crazy or is there something here?

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

Quote:

Every time I see Korra references, I just flail a little with happiness.

Labcown

03-28-2013

Quote:

Just because they're from Zaun doesn't technically mean they have to automatically fit that "Zany Chaotic Fun Time Madness" Trope. Maybe this Rocket Girl grew up in Zaun, but is actually sane? You know the same way Quinn is a Demacian, but doesn't outright ooze Regal Militaristic Tradition.

Of course, She would have to be a *little* insane, that's always a given for ANY League Champion.

EDIT: Oh and this would the perfect place to implement that whole "Nerdy Shy Girl" thing GD's been on for awhile!