How to deal with Kha'Zix and Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mightycanada

03-28-2013

This week has been absolutely miserable for me in LOL. Nearly every single PVP blind pick game or Co-op AI game has been dominated by Kha'Zix and Akali players. Every single loss I had recently is due to an enemy Akali or Kha'Zix carry continuously killing everyone off. And personally, I had enough. I want to make the players lives who use these characters on the enemy team MISERABLE by knowing which champions counter them and how to fight them in a team fight. So any tips??? XD.

Oh yeah, I play mid AP carry and top tank. I am also trying to jungle as well, now I got the runes for it.

TehomCD

03-28-2013

Tanks/bruisers generally crush assassins, for the most part. Both Akali and Khazix are completely dependent on stealth and mobility to survive, so high-CC tanks/support can lock them down while they're obliterated, and assassins usually can't successfully 1v1 most bruisers with equal farm.

You could try out bruisers like Garen, Lee Sin, or Udyr for example, tanks like Malphite or Cho'gath, or support like Leona or Taric as ones specifically that cause assassins grief.

Nanoha Magica

03-28-2013

You could start by playing only draft and banning them.

But even if you do play against them there's a simple way to stomp them. Like the guy above said, counter them with bruisers like Lee Sin, Darius, Renekton and Jax.

See an Akali or Kha'Zix pick where its obvious they will go mid? Don't be stupid and pick a standard AP mid, pick Lee, Jayce, Panth, Darius or Renekton.

Or if you're a jungler, camp at their lane and deny them the chance to snowball. Its easy for champions like Xin, Vi, Jarvan and Volibear to crush them early game and get your lanes fed.

http://www.championselect.net/champ/KhaZix
http://www.championselect.net/champ/Akali

mightycanada

03-28-2013

Nice advice. I did notice that I often was able to hold my own against Akali even when she was semi fed off of my team mates since I often do top lane. I guess it is up to me to gank Akali and Kha'Zix every chance I get XD. Will try to incorporate to my play style once I the servers come back up XD.

Og S w a n k

03-28-2013

Play naulias. He pretty much eats Khazix. And akali most of the time depending on what cooldowns are up and you're build. Imo. Also hes free this week.

A6yearoldgamer

03-28-2013

Run, wait for a nerf, etc etc

mightycanada

03-28-2013

I am noticing how naulias plays and I am liking it XD

mightycanada

03-28-2013

Yep, your suggestions help alot XD. An Akali I faced today kept getting curb stomped by me XD.

Luucidx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

Oracles counters Akali. Play bruisers and harass her early game. She is not too sticky without her Rylai's Crystal Scepter and Level 6 Ultimate. A inexpensive champion like Garen should be fine.
Kha'Zix is a bit squishy early game and weaker burst. Try not to be isolated from minions/allies. Build HP/Armor.