So im an idiot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vinozi

03-28-2013

someone asked me to gift them a champ and theyd gift me one back for a ribbon he was close to??? i said never heard of it sent him the champ went into a normal game expecting him to be on cause ive played with him plenty of times but he tried removing me from friends what do i do? he never paid me back and was a pretty lame dupe i fell for. any help would be appreciated his name is Jacob The God

HopDot

03-28-2013

I wouldn't gift a stranger something in the first place.

Nick Halden 23

03-28-2013

you just got owned man
best thing to do will be to lie in your bed and sulk
just kidding man, email riot, you can find their email easily
they respond quick and will help you

Synfidie

03-28-2013

You're SOL Vinozi. You were scammed, straight up. Standard lure/bait used in multiplayer games..promise to give you something if you give them something...then they get what they want never to hear from them again.

Synfidie

03-28-2013

Nick? You really think they'd give this guy his RP/IP back? That wouldn't make much sense considering the abuse I can see they'd get from people requesting these types of things.

However, a report would be good because at least they can get that guy/girl to not steal people's gifts anymore.

Vinozi

03-28-2013

just felt really cheap since i am a new member and everything and he obviously knows what hes doing. Ill email and see only gave him a cheap champ on sale but still regardless its stupid and my bad since this could be considered honor trading sort of? i literally just want the gift refunded and stopped thats all. I have all the logs and msgs

Vinozi

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Halden 23 View Post
you just got owned man
best thing to do will be to lie in your bed and sulk
just kidding man, email riot, you can find their email easily
they respond quick and will help you
and thx for that haha i was in my bed at time already sulking

Voxr

03-28-2013

Well it sounds like you're just straight out of luck bro. E-mail Riot and see if they can do anything for you.
The gifting option is really meant for you to send stuff to good friends in the game you've made either IRL or people you have played with for a long time. Sorry this happend to you man, but now you'll know to be more careful next time. :/

Vinozi

03-28-2013

no luck so far just said they would watch him for further infractions.... if i have the logs and they plan to punish in the future or prevent why not just make an example now and nip the problem in the first place?

Voxr

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinozi View Post
no luck so far just said they would watch him for further infractions.... if i have the logs and they plan to punish in the future or prevent why not just make an example now and nip the problem in the first place?
Most likely to see if his account is doing it to multiple people. Even though he "scammed" you, YOU still gifted him knowingly, It's not like he forced you too. It isn't Riot's fault for you getting played either you were compliant and gifted him he isn't required to gift you back.