Surviving early w/ Vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChesuWafu

03-27-2013

I just got crushed in laning phase by double adc-bot (MF, Corki, I swear I have the worst luck) with my Alistar support afk. But I feel like I could've done better in laning phase, maybe playing more passive. I really want to master Vayne, as, to me, she is crazy fun to play and faceroll late. But early I cannot get through. I get choosing Vayne basically puts everything into hardmode, but thats whats so fun about her. Any suggestions on improving early phase and/or not getting steamrolled by lane bullies?

Tl;dr- how do?

Nanoha Magica

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesuWafu View Post
with my Alistar support afk.
This is the reason you got crushed. Its pretty hard to play a 1v2 lane with someone as squishy as Vayne. When you have your support with you he will help you to farm safely. When you play as Vayne never go aggressive unless you have an advantage, let your support do all the harass.

The Prevaricator

03-28-2013

Hi, I'm hosting a teaching thread where I reply and help ingame with any problems or questions. Be it a one time 5 minute 1v1 game, or if we play together for a week.
You can find the thread at http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3265341
Hope to see you, thanks!

Edit: Screw me for trying to help right?

Burbinator

03-28-2013

Play safe, it's worth getting zoned for a wave or two in exchange for not dying/being forced to back. Then you can (relatively) safely last hit under tower.

Also, if you can, start lifesteal quints with dorans blade. The early sustain it gives you is quite excellent if you think you're in a hard harassing lane. Take another dblade and scepter before you even build boots (boots are not strictly necessarily in lane for farming, more so if you want to chase/fight) if you are still having trouble.

A6yearoldgamer

03-28-2013

Play passive dodge skills shots, go boots and pots to be conservative more than aggressive. Always get strong ad (e.g. a bloodthirster) followed by heaps of atk speed, but be sure you don't buy runaans hurricane as it ruins vaynes passive. But stack atk speed. This is only for the current patches and may change and you'll have to figure out how it has.

Heisotsu

03-28-2013

Vayne is a hard champion to play.
Basic tips:
-Aggressive supports are the best. Alistar is good, so is Taric and Lulu
-You are a passive laner. The promise of Vayne is that if she farms for 25 minutes, she will become a hypercarry late game
-Thus, you need to train with last hits.
-Rush Bloodthirster. Life Steal is very important to Vayne, not so much crits or attack speed (until later on)
-Vaynes need strong positioning skills, use Tumble to put yourself in a good place to fight. Don't just right click.

Heisotsu

03-28-2013

Most adc's do counter Vayne in lane, but (almost) no one can stop her if you reach late game.