Why is Riot failing with every new Mage?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Perey

11-05-2010

wtf am i reading

HTFU

11-05-2010

He's pointing out what i've already stated w/ the nerfs there is no reason to pick LB over other mages who can do the same dmg to more heros. her dmg should have been left alone she was a SINGLE target mage who could burst ONE target down and if they had mr it would take more than one rotation to do such.

Voidgolem

11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradayumus View Post
When you're playing to win, why pick "Okay" champions when you can pick "Really Good" ones?
Because I prefer to enjoy myself. AoE Rape Champions generally aren't all that entertaining to use besides the odd pentakill.

Vengar

11-05-2010

unlike Mcdonalds Riot does not believe in magic.........

Ronald Mcdonald is a very sad at this fact......

Nostradayumus

11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
Because I prefer to enjoy myself. AoE Rape Champions generally aren't all that entertaining to use besides the odd pentakill.
Well then you're not "playing to win", you're "playing to enjoy yourself", in which case everything about comparative strengths of champions is irrelevant. If you're just playing to have fun, go play Eve or anything really, it doesn't matter.

MASSTADEN

11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradayumus View Post
I said Vlad was exception
Isn't anymore
Hint: Annie and Anivia are now better than him at higher level
not necessarily. Vlad is still a very strong mage and by no means bad. I'd take a good vlad over a good annie simply for the ult, but that's just me.

@earlier post: Vlad is not widely considered to be "okay", he's a strong champion still.

Kaylel

11-05-2010

I haven't played against an Annie in 2 weeks. You'd think for a mage that supposedly does way better than anyone else, people would play her.

Then again, she isn't way better than other mage champs and in fact gets schooled 1vs1 against several other mages.

Spit Bucket

11-05-2010

because mages are a broken class as it is

Nostradayumus

11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylel View Post
I haven't played against an Annie in 2 weeks. You'd think for a mage that supposedly does way better than anyone else, people would play her.

Then again, she isn't way better than other mage champs and in fact gets schooled 1vs1 against several other mages.
Because Annie is boring. I also rarely see tanks (alos boring) in solo queue. Are tanks bad?
1v1 MAGE BATTLE is irrelevant in team fight centered high level play

Almighty1

11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loonybin View Post
Mages are supposed to be strong early and scale poorly. To shut down carries. Unfortunently, they aren't.
Wait... I thought the point of mages is that they deal magical damage...

This isn't DotA, or most hard carries would be out-DPSed by Soraka autoattacks until 40 minutes in.

Riot employees have also stated that Annie is their quintessential 'balanced' mage and that Tristana is their most balanced ranged DPS.