LeBlanc the new support caster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mtKhaos

11-04-2010

Well one of hundreds of these threads now, but none the less posting in any would bury what I would like to say. (Even then...) None the less LeBlanc quickly became my favorite champions, and found it funny after playing several games with her that Assassin was not one of her tags. Now... I can see why it was never placed there, I don't know if she was meant to be a support caster, but the way it stands now she is. I agree with the ult cooldown, I agree that she needed to be more mana hungry, even with her becoming even more squishy. However the range reduction on sigil, was too much. Granted the with the help of the q r combo it was fatal to most squishy champions, she most now move with range of retaliation during the beginning phase. This would be fine, however once she moves into the range for her ability combo, the champion would have moved back, or fling an ability to stop the combo all together. Her w helps with this surprise, but often the champion will have moved back before the second cast of sigil.

The champion has very limited mobility with an escape mechanism that is on a long cooldown, that is also coupled with her only valid way to farm late game. Even worse is having to use her ultimate to wipe out waves of creeps trying to destroy a tower. Leaving her defenseless and hurting in team fights when trying to regroup. With the change to sigil sniping a champion within a group or even doing a basic run by is now fatal. With slow, bind, and silencing she can be an excellent support champion, except for being one of the worst farmers in the game. If that could change somehow, I would be fine with being an assist magnet, but with the lack of income she can not compare to other support champions.

Thats my 2cents of my initial impression of the changes, I would not mind playing a support build, but I would rather play as Janna who can help push, defend more than one teammate, set up kills, and kill creeps without having to pump AP into her abilities.

Other than that, one thought about her passive, why not during the duration of it the clone and her are off set between her position and bound together, attacking the same target using the same abilities, seeming to have the same buff. Then recombine if the clone is killed, or the duration runs out. No alt controlling, but gives the slight edge when it activates, instead of the enemy being able to precisely guess which the clone is.

Accerso

11-04-2010

Yes because LeBlanc's sharable shield and heal make her a wonderful support

Oh wait

Laue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

Did you read the hotfix and post that, or actually played her. She still has mega single target burst, scrubby.

mtKhaos

11-04-2010

My point really, she feels like a support now rather than a strict nuker. Every champion can be played as a carry from my experience. In her current form it is still possible, just have to change a few tactics and get used to the changes myself.

And I have played her, granted only a couple of games, her burst can be amazing, but requires those early kills to get the ap needed to keep up with the pacing.

MadaMonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

I disagree, Annie is the best support champ in game, while Janna's burst potential is OP

Wait, what?

Sumidor

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monivic View Post
My point really, she feels like a support now rather than a strict nuker. Every champion can be played as a carry from my experience. In her current form it is still possible, just have to change a few tactics and get used to the changes myself.
Ummm this depends on your elo

Accerso

11-04-2010

No you'd have to change her abilities to make her a support.

There is nothing about LeBlanc that is support.

She is single target nuke, that is all.

mtKhaos

11-04-2010

She is an out ranged single target nuker as it stands, fantastic spot removal. Still can be, used the support caster bit to draw attention and give a bit of sarcasm to her situation. Should have used the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags. Forget I'm posting on the internet sometimes.