IP farm =/= killz, right?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fyrianna

11-05-2010

Why is it that every time I'm in a practice match against bots with people who won't shut up about pushing mid and winning by 11:00, they get into the base and instead of focusing down the last turrets and the nexus, they keep trying to kill the enemy champions and minions? And of course, in the process, drag the match out.

Matches against bots without pushing mid usually only take about 14:00 if I'm not playing a champion for the first time anyway, just going through the motions, pushing lanes as normal. Which ends up being about the amount of time it takes to take down the nexus with my team arbitrarily running around, farming or failing at ganking or whatever it is they occupy themselves with in the final moments-become-minutes.

I'm really not getting it. I mean, personally, I like practicing my timing with turret diving or figuring out which stats seem more effective on different champs or whatever, and taking my time to figure out what I'm doing in practice matches. I like my IP and all, but I could use the skillz.

I just assume that if you want a quick match, you should probably just win quickly. As opposed to, you know, pinging the middle lane repeatedly and then getting caught up in trying to get a pentakill ace and establishing your dominance over some minimum difficulty bots. And then failing to do so. Seems inefficient.

PainOfInsanity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2010

I do it cuz I'm bored and hearing the narrator go "LEGENDARY" is pretty satisfying.

Bluemystic

11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainOfInsanity View Post
I do it cuz I'm bored and hearing the narrator go "LEGENDARY" is pretty satisfying.
In practice games? Do that to people in your elo bracket. Then feel "Satisfied"

Or smurf it up and do it every game. Either way, Lols can be had....and when smurfing the kids think your hacking baha.

PainOfInsanity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2010

I have various smurfs. I just ip farm for quick IP for runes. Need to fill up that 11th rune page.