Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Simple Rebalance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YummyCheese

Recruiter

11-04-2010

Playing AD Kog is simple: get red buff, press W, and right click your opponents.
Playing AP Kog isn't: You need to aim your E and your R to be effective, and even when you do you aren't nearly as good as AD Kog.

I'm not advocating a buff to AP Kog - I'm just suggesting that Kog should be rebalanced such that AD Kog is less of a right click champion.

In other words: Nerf his W, his normal DPS, and give his ultimate an AD scaling.

That way Kog is required to use his R (which means he not only has to aim, but also pay attention to mana!) to be effective. This will make him not only more fun, but also require more skill.

All the other ranged carries have to use their spells properly: Tristana has to utilize W/R to be effective, Ashe has to hit R, MF has to place Q/R. Why does Kog only have to press W?

NOTE: Some other interesting effects of this would be a possible change in Kog itemization. Currently Kog gets Madreds first: there really isn't another choice. With an ult that scales with AD, we could see Kog players getting damage items first instead.

TL;DR Version:Give Kog's ultimate an AD scaling, and nerf his overall DPS.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

11-05-2010

My biggest problem with Kog is that Bio utterly destroys anyone, whether they build hp or not. % based damage as a spell seems kind of harsh. And it's probably the reason why Kog is ban-tier -- it's hard to deal with, and so people don't want to deal with it.

Kinda like Sanguine Pool.

YummyCheese

Recruiter

11-05-2010

Quote:
PhailRaptor:
My biggest problem with Kog is that Bio utterly destroys anyone, whether they build hp or not. % based damage as a spell seems kind of harsh. And it's probably the reason why Kog is ban-tier -- it's hard to deal with, and so people don't want to deal with it.

Kinda like Sanguine Pool.

This isn't so much about whether he's ban worthy or not, I don't necessarily want them to change his balance; I'm not a good player, and I'm not going to offer balance opinions.

What I DO think this would do is make his gameplay more interesting rather than just being a flat right click champion - and would also likely make him less reliant on his % damage.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

11-05-2010

I'm just adding another aspect to your argument, playing against it. Which is horribly unfun at the moment when the Kog has any idea at all what he's doing.

Voidgolem

11-05-2010

As Urgot:

I swap Kog into my team. He then dies instantly. No complaints here.

innociv

11-05-2010

He just needs to not apply on-hit effects(frozen mallet, red buff, life steal, crit, madreds bloodrazor) when you activate W.

I'd say the same for spray and pray, but meh..

I unlocked Kogmaw, but he's so boring. I still play Ezreal, Ashe, and Kassadin instead.

Bobby

11-05-2010

Quote:
All the other ranged carries have to use their spells properly: Tristana has to utilize W/R to be effective, Ashe has to hit R, MF has to place Q/R. Why does Kog only have to press W?

Yes, very good examples. NOT. Ashe and Tristana hit R ONCE every 40-60 seconds, maybe. MF hits R once 120 seconds.

Trust me, I'm sure every AD Kog'maw hits his ult as much as that. But AD Kog'maw doesn't have the mana pool to keep up spamming his ult. Sorry.

Also, this isn't a "simple rebalance" it's changing the entire champion because you don't know how to deal with him. I don't know if you know how easy it is to dodge his ult.. they made it spammable for a reason, cause only mouthbreathing neckbeards get hit by it.

YummyCheese

Recruiter

11-05-2010

Quote:
Fronky:
Yes, very good examples. NOT. Ashe and Tristana hit R ONCE every 40-60 seconds, maybe. MF hits R once 120 seconds.

Trust me, I'm sure every AD Kog'maw hits his ult as much as that. But AD Kog'maw doesn't have the mana pool to keep up spamming his ult. Sorry.

Also, this isn't a "simple rebalance" it's changing the entire champion because you don't know how to deal with him. I don't know if you know how easy it is to dodge his ult.. they made it spammable for a reason, cause only mouthbreathing neckbeards get hit by it.

"I don't know how to deal with him".

What makes you think that? I'm not suggesting they nerf him, I'm suggesting a change to make him more fun and be less right-click oriented.

AD Kog doesn't have the mana pool to keep spamming his ult. Yes, you're right. This adds another level to him as he would need to actually pay attention to his mana for once.

11-05-2010

I think Yummies idea is great.

His W is just plain silly with Madred's.

His R should have AD scaling, that way he's played somewhat in the way he was meant to be.