How do I counter mordekaiser?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frege

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

I am at a loss. I don't know how to counter almost any morde with almost any champ. They run up, grab a shield, and then zone me / totally outfarm me. What do?

**Edit**, I am talking about laning against him in a solo lane.

Voidgolem

11-04-2010

Focus fire/Stun him/Last Hit.

Also, don't try to 1v1 him or else Mace will wreck your ****.

Retortion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

run away
seriously he has no cc just run if u get low
not hard

Accerso

11-04-2010

the trick is to hit him when his shield is at its lowest so you can do some damage to him.

He's pretty hard to lane against, especially in mid, most times your better off switching with a champ on your team that can better counter him or just focus on last hitting to get farmed up, but your gonna get pushed hard.

Also a good idea to call out a gank on him to prevent him from getting too farmed as Morde is one of the better farmers in the game along with Sivir.

Jmazing

11-04-2010

If hes really that much of a problem and your playing ranked. Theres no shame in banning him ive seen it done

http://25minstosurrender.podomatic.com
We'll BabySit your Elo

Frege

11-04-2010

Edited post for clarity.

Danimal209

11-04-2010

1) Mord ults you
2)You cleanse it with Quicksilver Sash
3) ???
4) Profit

Or a madreds razor to try and farm up yourself (Edit: just the basic one, not bloodrazor)

BloodGod22

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal209 View Post
1) Mord ults you
2)You cleanse it with Quicksilver Sash
3) ???
4) Profit
Any good Morde doesnt use his ulti on someone with QSS, or atleast after he used it.

Rakkasah

11-04-2010

I main morde, and it's really easy to see that almost every morde player has a really easily learned pattern. [I do this sometimes, myself, and strive to avoid it.]

They try to maximize their hits with E, so expect awkward angles based on how the minions pile up to duke it out. Most Mordekaiser players tend to open a push rotation using this. If you stay away from them, you can pretty much avoid all the damage from it. It also forces him to make a choice -- sure he can harass you with it, but by standing out of the way he's not hitting as many minions. He's not getting as much shield, and you can harass him more easily. If you're playing someone who can dance in and out easily, do so. You'll tempt him to waste it harassing you, and it costs him pushing, time, and if he gets attention from the minions, possibly hp.

Obviously avoid anything with the swirly metal fillings of death, or if you can, kill them ASAP. Morde's cooldowns are short, but not THAT short, especially on his W in comparison.

Generally I wait for the E, which usually follows with a Q. A lot of Mordes I play against save their W for themselves if their opponent gets ballsy, otherwise just shred or even ignore the minion its on if it's early game - the shield gen on it isn't that great per second unless they've pumped some serious points into it.

From here it's just basic 'hit him when his shield's low'. Burst down as much of his shield as possible and chip at him. you'll wear at him eventually, especially considering he needs to spend health to keep the harassing up, deal effective damage to you, and push. Before he gets any serious regen, it's actually pretty simple to have him wear himself out if you keep poking at him. If you've got any CC, abuse it when his shield is low, and attack him from an angle where there isn't many minions; you can certainly expect him to throw up an E, and it again makes him pretty much choose on hurting and fighting back against you, or filtering off more shield from surrounding minions.

Naturally this becomes a lot harder, and a lot more freaking irritating when he gets even modest HP regen. If you're really struggling that hard, swap yourself out for another champion who can either outpush him, or at least better hold the line.

Or hell, even just cc.