Do not nerf, just explain (need help taking down some guys)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnCataldo

12-05-2009

All of those guys dislike Exhaust (but it's still bugged vs Yi, I think?)

Yi is generally pretty squishy. The answer is usually to just focus him and he goes down. Nearly always you need to make sure that you team knows to focus Yi in group fights and you'll be OK. Yi is pretty susceptible to stuns and disables that aren't slows (so they work through his ultimate). His low health also means burst damage works great against him, or stealth assassins.

Trynd is just plain difficult to deal with, but delaying the fight as long as possible is ideal. He depends on his Bloodlust stacks to maximize his damage. If you just avoid fighting for long enough they'll disappear and he's not nearly as scary. The other thing he doesn't like much is poison of any kind, if it's strong enough. Once his ultimate wears off he may die to the poison. (More difficult since the patch since for some reason he gets 5% health when his ultimate wears off, making him even harder to actually kill.) Movement speed helps a lot.

Teemo is more like Yi -- squishy. His blind makes him a counter to most physical DPS champs, but casters should beat him up without trouble. And like Yi, if he's the most dangerous guy, take him out first in team fights. He can't blind two players at once, so he's also just plain susceptible to multiple enemies, even if he has friends.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekmaster View Post
Ok, so I'm relatively good with Twisted fate. I can get out of any gank and I can support my team if needed. However, there are three heroes who put me in a world of hurt no matter what I do. Barbarian King, Teemo, and Yi.

Now Barbarian king everyone has been yelling "OP" over since the patch and even before that (as well as Teemo and Yi just recently). I don't think so, no hero is OP. Instead, I would simply like to know how to counter them.

I can't even touch Tryn, in fact, the only way I can even dent the dude is if I stun him, my friend fries him with annie, then our Yi sprints across the map and crits his sorry arse (if Tryn doesn't get a hit on Yi first...). Not too worried about that butI would still like to learn some counters.

Yi is just freaking fast. I can't escape him, I can't deal him out, nothing. I'm not worried about this because twisted isn't meant to take him out. Still, some strategiest to share with my team would be nice.

Teemo... I hate teemo. I don't even understand how another squishy or someone who isn't Master Yi to be expected to kill that little furry. Strategies?
Another- Save TF cause I like to abuse with him thread.

Is this like the third one from you I've read?

Gold card, or better yet, pick a card is just too strong. It needs a slight nerf. One of the only skills that will still do damage through cleanse. Speaking of Cleanse, Cleanse on TF is very good, keeps him alive more often and mobile, so he cant go squish. Paired with gold card spam, you will barely touch him lane to lane with another stun/gank before cleanse is back up again.

The flash change was probably better for TF then for anyone else, as the reduced cooldown helps him get in range with gold cards more often, and hinders melee with flash from approaching him before getting hit with a gold card.

With a good team, you should never die to the characters you mentioned. You can Stun Tryn, and Yi sucks vs TF, IF you can survive his initial whirlwind attack.

I seriously dont get why they changed these two summoner skills, that greatly greatly benefit TF, and did not change his pick a card at all.

My suggestion (flame on) is give blue card at lvl 1, chance at red card lvl 2, chance at gold at lvl 3, longer lasting gold card window at lvl 4, and even longer lasting gold card window to choose from at lvl 5. TF is still imbalanced, but this requires him to forcefully put points in pick a card over wild card and gate maxing early, that will hinder his ganking power, but still keep him powerful late game. The issue is that he is just so imba from lvls 1-12 now due to the instant gold card and the powerful effect it has while other ppl need to round out their skills to counter the 1.

Dranwin

12-06-2009

Just roll a Shaco and deceive on Teemo. Game over.

LackofCertainty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerk View Post
No hero is OP?

That's probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. So basically you're saying the game is 100% perfectly balanced. Every. Single. Character. Out of like 40. You're saying that the designer of this game was God, or his equivalent, himself.

This game was made by people. It has errors. It has OP classes. Things always need to be checked and balanced. Always.

The melee classes definitely seem OP this patch. But my guess is not that it's the characters themselves but that the items are better.

I just wanted to point out that God can't even balance things 100% Look at how stupidly overpowered humans are. I mean, we tech up faster than any other animal on the planet, by far, and then we can just rape them.

Maybe the human passive just gives too much gold. I mean I've never seen a panda come even close to farming up a gun in all the games I've played.

(no, I don't have anything to contribute to this thread, aside from [bad] humor)

Dahras

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LackofCertainty View Post
I just wanted to point out that God can't even balance things 100% Look at how stupidly overpowered humans are. I mean, we tech up faster than any other animal on the planet, by far, and then we can just rape them.

Maybe the human passive just gives too much gold. I mean I've never seen a panda come even close to farming up a gun in all the games I've played.

(no, I don't have anything to contribute to this thread, aside from [bad] humor)
Dude I know! Hell he can't even balance human subfactions! I mean, there is just no way Serbia or Laos can ever win!

Ataraxias

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekmaster View Post

Still, I believe any team combination could beat another team combination. If 5 casters of: Anivia, Twisted, Annie, Ashe, and Fiddle can beat Nunu, Blitz, Ashe, Tryn, and amumu anything can happen.
You don't know bad match ups.

Try Udyr, Heim, Janna, Soraka, Kayle vs Malphite, Morgana, Yi, Corki, Cho.

Have fun in team battles as team 1.

Rectal Necrosis

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
Another- Save TF cause I like to abuse with him thread.

Is this like the third one from you I've read?

Gold card, or better yet, pick a card is just too strong. It needs a slight nerf. One of the only skills that will still do damage through cleanse. Speaking of Cleanse, Cleanse on TF is very good, keeps him alive more often and mobile, so he cant go squish. Paired with gold card spam, you will barely touch him lane to lane with another stun/gank before cleanse is back up again.

The flash change was probably better for TF then for anyone else, as the reduced cooldown helps him get in range with gold cards more often, and hinders melee with flash from approaching him before getting hit with a gold card.

With a good team, you should never die to the characters you mentioned. You can Stun Tryn, and Yi sucks vs TF, IF you can survive his initial whirlwind attack.

I seriously dont get why they changed these two summoner skills, that greatly greatly benefit TF, and did not change his pick a card at all.

My suggestion (flame on) is give blue card at lvl 1, chance at red card lvl 2, chance at gold at lvl 3, longer lasting gold card window at lvl 4, and even longer lasting gold card window to choose from at lvl 5. TF is still imbalanced, but this requires him to forcefully put points in pick a card over wild card and gate maxing early, that will hinder his ganking power, but still keep him powerful late game. The issue is that he is just so imba from lvls 1-12 now due to the instant gold card and the powerful effect it has while other ppl need to round out their skills to counter the 1.
Comment deleted.

nicosharp

12-07-2009

yes, it was bull**** and I think fueled by vodka that night. sorry.

Constructively, you should not lane against some people solo, those include yi, teemo and trynd. Swap with a lanemate that can handle, or have a second join you in that solo lane.

Teemo can beat u with range + speed, so he is very hard to surprise and to even hit with a gold card, so you need someone with you to put any pressure on him.

Tryndamere is a nightmare now, and there is no stopping a decent Tryn from farming. There are a few heroes that can take him down, but you need stun, and you need 1 or 2 champions with you to kill a decent tryn and try to hit the stun when he is casting spin, thats the best way to blow its cooldown, but hard to time.

Yi can kill TF easily, even if you lock gold card, especially if you are alone and Yi has exhaust. Once again you have to buddy hug. These are not champions TF can do anything about solo, luckily, there are many champions you can dominate solo.

Rectal Necrosis

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
yes, it was bull**** and I think fueled by vodka that night. sorry.

Constructively, you should not lane against some people solo, those include yi, teemo and trynd. Swap with a lanemate that can handle, or have a second join you in that solo lane.

Teemo can beat u with range + speed, so he is very hard to surprise and to even hit with a gold card, so you need someone with you to put any pressure on him.

Tryndamere is a nightmare now, and there is no stopping a decent Tryn from farming. There are a few heroes that can take him down, but you need stun, and you need 1 or 2 champions with you to kill a decent tryn and try to hit the stun when he is casting spin, thats the best way to blow its cooldown, but hard to time.

Yi can kill TF easily, even if you lock gold card, especially if you are alone and Yi has exhaust. Once again you have to buddy hug. These are not champions TF can do anything about solo, luckily, there are many champions you can dominate solo.
Alright, for explaining vodka had a hand in your response I'll go ahead and edit my post so I'm no longer *****ing you out.