How does Nasus' Fury of the Sands work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Azmadi

11-04-2010

OK, the exact mechanics of this skill escape me. I get the bonus HP. That's easy to understand. I also think I get that the sandstorm causes every enemy in the AoE to take 3/4/5% of the maximum HP as magic damage every second. What I don't get is how this is converted to attack damage. Does Nasus get a flat AD bonus equal to the total magic damage he deals each second with the storm (maxing at 240 per target), or does he get a percentage increase for every target in range? My friend was under the understanding that the storm actually increases the damage enemies TAKE by a percentage in a manner similar to Vlad's Hemoplague, but I don't see how that works. Could someone clear this up for me please? The skill description on the wiki is pretty vague.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know what the exact AoE range is? The visual effect is a bit hard to judge, especially in the cluster**** of a teamfight, and the wiki doesn't list it.

InquisitorL

11-04-2010

Its like amumu's cry id have to say

Dirtnugget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

good question...

Rakkasah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

I think it's flat based on the damage you do [up to the cap], but it doesn't seem to show up on the character sheet.

Or if it does I just miss it every time because I'm slapping my keyboard in a teamfight.

TheMountainGoat

11-04-2010

it's a global AoE fear. people in other games on other servers will run from you.

gkrit

11-04-2010

interesting ... you got me pondering also.. about the (bold/underlined)

" While the storm rages, he deals 3/4/5 (+0.01)% of nearby enemies' health each second (240 damage max per second) as magic damage and converts it into bonus attack damage."

Loonybin

11-04-2010

Wait waiit wait with 1000 AP he does 15 percent of max health per second and is hard to kill? Wow, that would be fun

Edit: nvm

PainOfInsanity

11-04-2010

What it means is, he can only do a max of 240 damage per second with his AoE. So say that Cho for some reason has like 10 000 hp and no MR, 5% of 10 000 is 500 damage per second, but due to the cap, Cho only gets hit for 240 max.

Now the bonus attack damage doesn't show on your stats. The more champs/minions are around, the more damage you will do.

cyph

11-04-2010

I think it adds second magic dmg (max 240, like u have 100ad. U hit - 100 dmg and second 240) depending on max health of nearby enemies. If im right, Nasus is so awesome to kill baron

PainOfInsanity

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronian View Post
I think it adds second magic dmg (max 240, like u have 100ad. U hit - 100 dmg and second 240) depending on max health of nearby enemies. If im right, Nasus is so awesome to kill baron
You high or drunk?