Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The argument to change the hotfix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcadence

11-04-2010

Quote:
Mogunz:
I bought her on release but only got to play her today though. She's fun to play just doesn't fit all that well in the current meta game, or I just suck with her.

She was good for harassing and killing champs during the laning phase, while she wasn't much in the late game. Now she's just mediocre early and still bad in late.

AwwGasm

11-04-2010

The problem with LB is she needs to kill to farm decently, they've reduced her early killing ability and many people forget killing champs repeatedly gives diminishing returns.

Just played a game with a LB on my team, she did decent early game but she really fell behind later. We tried giving her those large minion waves to kill but it really didn't do much. She would use her AoE then her ult, but the wave wouldn't die at all, and I'd sadly watch her last hit the minions with her autoattack and other skills, and >50% of them just died to our own creeps.

Dirtnugget

11-04-2010

She is still very capable of raping people early game, just not SO easily as before.

Arcadence

11-04-2010

Quote:
AwwGasm:
The problem with LB is she needs to kill to farm decently, they've reduced her early killing ability and many people forget killing champs repeatedly gives diminishing returns.

Just played a game with a LB on my team, she did decent early game but she really fell behind later. We tried giving her those large minion waves to kill but it really didn't do much. She would use her AoE then her ult, but the wave wouldn't die at all, and I'd sadly watch her last hit the minions with her autoattack and other skills, and >50% of them just died to our own creeps.

Usually when I play Blanc, she's about 3-5 levels under everyone else by mid game, thanks to the hotfix. W-R can kill big mobs of creeps, but ONLY in late game, and it still takes both abilities to do it.

Pre-Hotfix games:
Last hit creeps till 4-5 -> Kill squishies and those with bad early game -> continue to gank in mid -> useless in late, kill creeps at base

Post Hotfix games:
Last hit creeps till 5-6 -> Team up with your lane partner to kill lane enemies -> continue -> still killing creeps in endgame

Swampf0x

11-04-2010

All great suggestions OP. It could just be her kit thats the problem, it just feels way different in comparison to every other champion built in this game and people might need adjusting to it. She has the potential to be an effective Assassin but her current cooldowns (and now damage) disproves this.

TechpriestJadoko

11-04-2010

You could, I don't know, learn to last hit minions?

It's really not that hard. She has the range, and one of the better attack animations.

AwwGasm

11-04-2010

Quote:
TechpriestJadoko:

It's really not that hard. She has the range, and one of the better attack animations.

Last hits only apply during laning phase, plus she needs to constantly be agressive and harrass her opponent instead of playing passive aggressively. She's made to gank/kill hard and fast early, and it's a waste to not use her as such especially since she slides off later into the game.

Arcadence

11-04-2010

Quote:
TechpriestJadoko:

Last hit doesn't matter much if that's all you're doing for the game.

ImARobotBoopBeep

11-05-2010

Quote:
GarionKaiser:
they might revert some changes and buff her a little

i just dont understand the requirement for a hot fix, she was OP a little, maybe near Xin (even though its more concerning the ult) OP, but not anywhere near Udyr OP.... i see no reason for a hot fix

o wait, its the community... Lux art QQ, Lux QQ (notice how the sudden out burst of Lux sux post is after Elementz updated his tier list?) LeBlanc QQ, Swain QQ, Whatever QQ, the forums are getting more and more.... whiny...

i mean, there is a lack of constructive feedbacks and most people just can be reasoned with if an issue is concerning their fav champ

HA! HA! HA!
RIOT: Whew the QQ'ers stoped......ZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZzz hey.....hey..... WHAT!? they want a buff! buff? what is a buff ? -looks at the nerfbat- well i'm not having that in my repertoir

Adalonus

11-05-2010

LeBlanc was all about early game. But the massive wave of nerfs (rather than a few here and there) ruined, not completely, but fatally hurt her early game. Getting a few kills early and shutting down their solo mid was the point of her because she fell off so hard late game. Since ALL games get to late game if either team is competent, she was pretty balanced (as people she shut down earlier now have caught up in levels and farm).

This is not a new problem. This isn't even about LeBlanc. It has been my problem with the game since the beginning. Riot puts out a strong champion and then brutalizes them with a nerf stick because low elo players can't deal with it. The vast champion list is really narrowed down to a select 10 viable champions and higher elo's have carbon copy games.

Riot really has 2 choices to improve the game.

A) Make early games actually matter again and have it possible to have normal games last 25 minutes again (I'm pretty sure the reason there is no denying of creeps is because they wanted "to prevent long games that denying exp caused&quot. If a team dominates the first 25 minutes, then they should be put on track to win against late game heroes or actually have the ability to push through towers to the base.

B) Actually wait a few weeks before changing a champion and be confident with the champions they release. Stop listening the low level whining players and make thoughtful modifications and tweaks rather than just blindly swinging at champions like a 4 year old at a piƱata party.

It is this kind of behavior that illuminates the fact that RIOT is a new company and its actions like this that will ruin RIOT as a company.