A few questions about Corki.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScrufferNutter

03-26-2013

As the title says, I have a few questions about Corki, mainly about an optimal item build. Corki is one of my favorite champions, I've played probably 100+ games with him so far. In season 2, the item build was clearer, start with boots/3 pots, by the end of the game you should have tier 2 boots, Trinity Force, Bloodthirster, Last Whisper, Infinity Edge, a durribility item (Guardian Angel or Banshee's Veil depending on the enemy team) and if the game is very long, sell your boots for a Phantom Dancer for the extra damage. In season 3 however, i'm finding him played less and less, and with all of the new items aimed at AD Carries, it's hard for me to find a build path that shows off Corki's strengths without him being outclassed by other carries throughout the game. So here are my questions:

Trinity Force, do I rush it? Do I even need it? Sheen is such a good item on Corki because of his spamable ult. With proper timing, you can really do tons of damage. The Stats on Trinity Force seem like a great mix for Corki, the slow procs on the phage are great for kiting, mana/ap on sheen work great with Corki's kit because of his AP scaling and early mana issues. Zeal is obviously good on any ADC for moving and shooting faster. With Riot constantly reducing the cost on it, it just seems like a great option.

Bloodthirster, do I rush it over Infinity Edge? The extra AD and life steal are obviously a great thing for any ADC, but the only skills he has that benefit from the bonus AD are his ult and passive, the +30 AD would give Corki only 3 bonus true damage from his passive over Infinity Edge, and although his ult is spamable, it is a skill shot and it is pretty easy to dodge, while auto attacks never miss and would benefit more from the crit chance on Infinity Edge.

BotRK? Yes or No? Great item is certain situations, but it seems to be the new meta for ADC's to rush this item and build straight into Infinity Edge. Great on Varus/Vayne/Kog' Maw because of % health damage stacking, Great on Tristana/Ezreal/Graves because of their attack speed steroid. Is it worth getting on Corki if the enemy isn't stacking health?

Phantom Dancer over Trinity Force? Yes or No? Why?

Iceborn Gauntlet, is it even a viable choice? Early season 3, You would see it built a lot on Ezreal. The CDR, Sheen Proc, Armor, Mana, and Slow Field seem like they would be great on Corki too, the only difference is that Corki's abilities don't proc on hit effects like Ezreal's Q. Would it be Viable to build the Sheen early, buy a BotRK/Phantom Dancer/Static Shiv, and then upgrade it later in the game into a defensive item?

Like I said before, Corki is one of my favorite characters, and I would hate to see him phased out because season 3 changes were better to other ADC's. Thanks for your help, and I hope that your advice can make me into a better Corki player, and a better League of Legends player overall!

Stryker159

03-26-2013

This is entirely my opinion.

TF - Dont rush it. Not enough damage from TF alone early. Get sheen early, then build it into TF later

BT Vs IE - I would personally get BT first. BT = damage + sustain where IE = damage + random chance for more damage

BotRK - In general I wouldnt suggest it for corki. BotRK is for bruisers mostly, but some ADC can work with it

PD Vs TF - why not both? afaik the 'core ADC items" are BT, PD and IE. throw in boots and that leaves 2 item slots. slot TF and a defensive item

Iceborn gauntlet - personally i think there are better choices for a defensive item, and the CDR seems wasted.

Tr

03-26-2013

[QUOTE=Stryker159;36005369]This is entirely my opinion.

PD Vs TF - why not both? afaik the 'core ADC items" are BT, PD and IE. throw in boots and that leaves 2 item slots. slot TF and a defensive item

As this guy said, dont rush TF no damage early. If you remember from season 2, how us corki players used to go phage into bt finish trinity? you should do something like this except do it backwards. Get BT, then finish Trinity. PD vs TF is kind of your perogative truthfully... PD gives you ability to go through minions which sounds kinda stupid but when your trying to run from that bruiser, it really helps not to get minion blocked... but TF gives you so many bonus stats so... up to you.
Secondly, core ADc items really changed season 3. Its more liek bt/Botrk, PD, LW. IE usually is your 5th to 6th item. If you dont LW it you will find yourself doing absolutely no damage to their front line and will end up dying a sad horrible death.
Yea iceborn guantlet, not no on corki. Its not even good on ezreal it never was.
You are an adc, you need to do damage. You cant rush that on ezreal or anybody because you will end up doing no damage and being a utility support.