Did I start PvP too early?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theonejanitor

03-28-2013

i didn't even know that practicing with bots was a thing people did. I started PVP at level 1

RahulandKakashi

03-28-2013

I would say starting around 5 or 6 will be good as you get a good idea of game.

Nayfenn

03-28-2013

There is never a ''Too Early'' point to start PvP, You may be at a disadvantage to the level 20-30 players out there but the game mechanics shouldn't be placing you against those dominating players giving an even chance to hone your PvP skills, i say PLAY ON!

Vulnura

03-28-2013

Learn against players tbh. I started at Level 1.

Vulnura

03-28-2013

I started at Level 1, It's easier if you start on players imo.

Seasoned Salmon

03-28-2013

Start PvP when you know the basics of the game. PvP is no big deal. It's just bots with real people.

Arch Fiend X3

03-28-2013

I played alot of dota in the past and this game is pretty much a carbon copy so I pretty much knew most of the basics, but their were a few things that were different like no duo mid, no couriers, and you can't kill your own creeps, and a few other things. Once I got used to the champs I started pvping and I don't regret it haha.

Rezenar

03-28-2013

A friend of mine started playing a few days ago. His first match was with bots so that he could get a grasp of the gameplay. After that, it was all players from there on out.

I'd suggest going against bots ONLY to practice on new heroes you get, gameplay (like jungling), and trying out builds. Other than that, go play other people. You learn more that way.

Voxr

03-28-2013

Yeah, there is never a "too early" when starting PvP (or too late for that matter) But if you wait to like 15+ then you'll be at a disadvantage when you start since other players have been playing against real people longer than you. You also can pick up a lot of bad habits from bot matches as well since you can do almost anything to them and still win. Just jump into PvP when you want. The earlier the better in the long run.

Good luck!
Voxr

P.S. This doesn't mean to say you shouldn't play bots mind you. Play them to try out new champs, builds, or other roles. I even knew some people (and I did this for a bit too) who would play a bot game every day just so they could get a guaranteed First Win of The Day Bonus(Although you won't get very much IP from it after lvl 10.)

SandvichBL

03-28-2013

Started PvP at lvl 1. Did 3v3's till level 10ish now all i really do is 5v5. Just be Yi you'll never lose man