Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to Solve Problems With Mouse On Mac?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MR MCGlBBLETS

03-26-2013

Hey guys,

Played LoL forever on my Macbook Pro running bootcamp, was excited to try it out on Mac OS X.

I know the "mouse smoothing" was a very big topic of discussion at the release of the Mac client, leading to the inclusion of the "software mouse" setting. I have been fidgeting around with my mac mouse settings, the in game mouse sensitivity function, and turning off and on 'software mouse', but it ALWAYS feels downright awkward to me.

I never had any issues with the mouse sensitivity on Windows, never ever changed it from default, so if anyone has had any success mimicking the settings of LoL running on Windows on their Mac, I would love to hear how you did it.

Software mouse on or off?

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-26-2013

I ended up turning software mouse on, dialed it up to a decent level that felt sorta ok with my mouse (at 3600dpi usually). From there, I just played a lot of games until I was comfortable with the setting.

That's kinda the key to the mouse settings for any game or operating system: stop constantly changing them, just use your computer enough until you get used to it.

xtpottx

03-26-2013

i dont really like your response just get used to it..... kinda lame. to say the least...

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-26-2013

Quote:
xtpottx:
i dont really like your response just get used to it..... kinda lame. to say the least...

It wasn't meant to be an in-your-face "you don't like it, just get used to it man!", but more some carefully considered advice based on years of experience.

In the past couple of decades I've used a computer, I've changed my mouse acceleration settings in windows and mac dozens of times. Mostly this is when I get a new mouse with new dpi settings, a few times when I switched to larger monitors or multiple monitor, and I've done it multiple times for fullscreen games with their own mouse settings. I've even done the trackball, touchpad, and trackpoint switch a few times. For all of these changes, It does take a few hours to get initially used to it, but after that it ends up taking me no more than a few minutes to re-adjust to the settings.

I find the experience much like hopping into the driver's seat of a car that I don't drive every day. You can drive the car just fine, but its awkward for a while. The brakes are too loose, the thing handles like a boat, and it jumps forward at the slightest pressure on the accelerator. Its just not what you're used to, and it bothers you a lot at first.

Sure, you make the standard minor adjustments to the car seat, mirrors, and steering column. With some time and money, you could do all sorts of things to the car to customize it (engine, brakes, shifter), and make it feel more like the car you drive everyday.

That said, when you buy a brand new car, do you actually dump your time and money into adjusting the car beyond the usual basics, or do you just drive the thing until it feels normal to you?