Teemo's 'Camouflage' useless?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AngelOfDeathTV

Senior Member

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrit View Post
I for one, believe its close to useless.

-- You will rarely achieve any kills from this effect. --
Its very circumstantial. In several cases it may even get YOU killed. For example, Katarinas ultimate becomes activateable when near a stealthed Teemo.

-- It still takes 3 seconds to stealth even after the latest patch saying it will take only 2 seconds to stealth. --

-- 'Element of surprise' is redundant. --
3 seconds is not enough time to get you anywhere offensively. It will only get you cocky and get yourself into a situation you might regret while trying to make maximum use of the bonus attack speed duration.

The following suggestions are replacement alternatives to the secondary benefit of 'Camouflage'.
Suggestion 1: Three seconds after being stealthed, your next attack deals 100% more damage.

Suggestion 2: While stealthed you recieve 50% damage reduction. This effect lingers for 3 seconds after unstealthing.

Suggestion 3: When your health drops below 25%, you automatically become stealthed for 1.5 seconds. During this time, you are still able to attack without revealing you whereabouts. While you are untargetable, skill shots are still a threat. Let's not forget about oracles also.
This at least gives him some sort of defensive capabilities.

-- Recalling now stops Teemo from stealthing now --
I thought that's what oracles were for. This is just another reason why Teemo's Passive as a whole is completely pointless. He is very easy to kill already, especially since he heavily depends on offensive equips to keep him adequate in damage output. Why take away this unique capability when it 'can' be countered?

So, what do you guys think?

On a side note... I believe Blinding Dart should explode of impact in which it effect adjacent enemy champs for half of the Blind duration.
so teemo should beably deny a whole team damage, no. If you think his passive is bad, then you yourself are. Passives arent ALL to get you kills, there are a few, yi's dubble strike, olafs berserrker rage.

But there are more survivability and utility ones.

Swains mana regen
LeBlanc's deceive
Morgaas spellvamp.

AND TEEMOS STEALTH.

Use teemos stealth when you CANT OUTRUN your persuer, but have a slight headstart, run around a corner, and stand still, you may get hit once but chances are your safe. Use his passive after setting a minefield to pick off a weakened and unsuspecting opponent, after they land on like 5 shrooms in a row. L2 not be bad.

p.S. the l2 not be bad was a bit extreme. teemo is a difficult champ to master, but if you can find the right build and learn how to play him, he works like a dps carry, with a blind, to counter other carries, aswell as denying escapes and enabling better ganking with his shrooms.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rynac

Senior Member

11-04-2010

Oh god no, it's far from useless. I love running in to bushes while having an enemy chase me and then stealthing and watching them run on by. You just have to be creative with it to get it's full potential, you can't just use it linearly like you would other abilities.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gkrit

Senior Member

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasureeiyu View Post
so teemo should beably deny a whole team damage, no. If you think his passive is bad, then you yourself are. Passives arent ALL to get you kills, there are a few, yi's dubble strike, olafs berserrker rage.

But there are more survivability and utility ones.

Swains mana regen
LeBlanc's deceive
Morgaas spellvamp.

AND TEEMOS STEALTH.

Use teemos stealth when you CANT OUTRUN your persuer, but have a slight headstart, run around a corner, and stand still, you may get hit once but chances are your safe. Use his passive after setting a minefield to pick off a weakened and unsuspecting opponent, after they land on like 5 shrooms in a row. L2 not be bad.
wow... you seriously depend on the stealth for ur survival? Im not here to argue.

But you cant just sit around your mushrooms while your team is fighting hoping some astray will fall into your supposed predetermined path of death you made for them.

Chances are if you go AP teemo ... the opposition will most likely get an oracle. What do you do then? Your mushrooms are of no threat... YOU can no longer stealth to survive or surprise.

If you go DPS, chances are you wont be too defensive, seeing as you need to heavily arm yourself with dmg output equips to make yourself adequate in team battles.

I did not suggest a 10 second invincibility passive but more so a very reasonable alternative to what we have now.

Also, as im most familiar with morgana's passive, she heals while dealing damage. Self sufficient in other words. All you need is a skill to benefit from it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loonybin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-04-2010

Yes... twitch > teemo in every way now (except shrooms)

Twitch can base stealth. teemo should be able to too


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GlastHelm

Senior Member

11-05-2010

If this gets accepted, Kassadin's passive wants a rework too


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Servantofthe99

Senior Member

11-05-2010

why kassadin's passive??? its an automatic 15% mr basically...or maybe you're talking about his W passive?

as for teemo, his camo has helped me get out of fatal situations often. i'll wait near my shroom (or satellite now) and wait for a lowish health champ to crash....they'll keep going and i'll pop out and barrage them with lasers...i do with they'd check out the timing..seems a bit longer than 2s...i'd rather have the 3s with the 'camo while recalling' feature.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dianetics

Senior Member

11-05-2010

It's better than you think. I see good teemo's abuse the hell out of camouflage during the laning phase in order to get last hits.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Therapist

Senior Member

11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrit View Post
I for one, believe its close to useless.

-- You will rarely achieve any kills from this effect. --
Its very circumstantial. In several cases it may even get YOU killed. For example, Katarinas ultimate becomes activateable when near a stealthed Teemo.

-- It still takes 3 seconds to stealth even after the latest patch saying it will take only 2 seconds to stealth. --

-- 'Element of surprise' is redundant. --
3 seconds is not enough time to get you anywhere offensively. It will only get you cocky and get yourself into a situation you might regret while trying to make maximum use of the bonus attack speed duration.

The following suggestions are replacement alternatives to the secondary benefit of 'Camouflage'.
Suggestion 1: Three seconds after being stealthed, your next attack deals 100% more damage.

Suggestion 2: While stealthed you recieve 50% damage reduction. This effect lingers for 3 seconds after unstealthing.

Suggestion 3: When your health drops below 25%, you automatically become stealthed for 1.5 seconds. During this time, you are still able to attack without revealing you whereabouts. While you are untargetable, skill shots are still a threat. Let's not forget about oracles also.
This at least gives him some sort of defensive capabilities.

-- Recalling now stops Teemo from stealthing now --
I thought that's what oracles were for. This is just another reason why Teemo's Passive as a whole is completely pointless. He is very easy to kill already, especially since he heavily depends on offensive equips to keep him adequate in damage output. Why take away this unique capability when it 'can' be countered?

So, what do you guys think?

On a side note... I believe Blinding Dart should explode of impact in which it effect adjacent enemy champs for half of the Blind duration.
You sir are silly and full of fail. Ambush is great for... um AMBUSING, while sitting on a shroom. you silly salamander.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GlastHelm

Senior Member

11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfThe99 View Post
why kassadin's passive??? its an automatic 15% mr basically...or maybe you're talking about his W passive?
Yup, I meant his "W" passive @_@


12