Effective Guide on countering LeBlanc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TBOUnderdog

11-03-2010

So, I pondered after losing 3 games in a row to a Leblanc. I was thinking of effective ways to countering her. I have come to a conclusion to stop the new hero blues for all of you so you don't get as frustrated as I was.

Leblanc as a hero is impressive. Her abilities are very fluid and combo well, she has a low cool down rate on her abilities, and 2 viable means of escape. Very strong mid hero, and is most often seen mid.

Countering Leblanc

1. Leblanc as I said is most often seen mid, she will eat over 80% of the heroes you would typically send mid for lunch, dinner, and occasionally desert. If you see a Leblanc in your game and she is soloing mid. Send 2 mid and have a different lane be the solo. You will not level as fast, but you will also not die as much. Dying to Leblanc early leads to an extremely powerful Leblanc, it is better to have 2 heroes hold her down, then to have 1 hero constantly run fountain or worse die.

2. Leblanc is new, so you will probably see her in every game you're in for the next week or two til she is either A: Hit with the nerf bat (which she will be) or B: The novelty wears off because they release a new hero. Either way it doesn't change the fact you will be seeing her consistently. Run Cleanse as a summoner spell to dodge the hold and the silence, this will prevent her from crippling you while you're trying to farm.

3. Gank Leblanc early, if someone on your team is soloing her, gank her when you hit 3. You will be under powered but she is not a super tank early in the game. Help your mid to get the upper hand fast. Most people think mid will come gank for you, but if their hands are full and they cant you will be the one who gets ganked before too long. Be a team player and support your mid, as you would want them to support you.

4. Dont be a hero, leblanc can 3 or 4 hit you at 6. Be aware and ward heavily. It will save you and your team a lot of frustration, and be super careful a Leblanc at 1/2 HP can kill 1 of you just as effectively as if she were at full HP. Make sure you know where she is at all times.

This is just a cursory but effective guide to countering this new hero. Please post other suggestions for people. She is overpowered for now, but all new hero's are overpowered when they first come out.

Play smart, do well.
-Underdog

Sadiquito

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBOUnderdog View Post
If you see a Leblanc in your game and she is soloing mid. Send 2 mid and have a different lane be the solo. It is better to have 2 heroes hold her down, then to have 1 hero constantly run fountain or worse die.
That doesn't sound as much as a tip as a message to Riot. A hero than can not be let solo less she pwn her adversary is no hero at all.

Smellis

11-04-2010

Shes got good burst but people are too afraid to harass her right now for some silly reason.

Know what happens when you don't zone kassadin out and he gets to free farm/lvl up? Thats right he becomes an unstoppable murder machine that drops someone every E-Q combo. Leblanc isn't much different.

Shes not invincible when she warps in on you. In fact most leblanc's telegraph when they're about to do it so if you have a spell rdy to cast on her you'll hit her pretty easy before she can warp back out.

Eh I don't got much, I've been treating her like sona really, if I go to harass I make sure its something i can commit to and get quite a bit of damage in cause she has nothing once you get any form of CC on her.

shishyy

11-04-2010

Just buy a banshee's veil lol