Why do some female anime characters...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiteAzure

03-26-2013

Sometimes to show some what of bestiality, showing with cats/dogs/vampires/etc

Lvl5syndrome

03-26-2013

well im disappoint, worst loli ever's reply was "to look cuter" so I don't think theres a lot of depth behind those fangs after all...

SkeithGotBanned

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvl5syndrome View Post
well im disappoint, worst loli ever's reply was "to look cuter" so I don't think theres a lot of depth behind those fangs after all...
You're looking for depth... in a characteristic like this? Coming from anime?

What did you want, a deep meaning behind this? Dude, those are lolis, they are made for no brainers...

Animal Ears

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torwulf View Post
Iaw, Animal Ears, Better Ban Talon, Worst Loli Ever, Yune7

Incoming

Edit: Too late in the morning?
*Runs in*

Nono, I'm here, just been watching anime.

*Er-hem*

There are actually multiple reasons for anime characters to have a small, visible fang (or more than one, and it's not just limited to females), the most common of which is known simply as Rule of Cute.

Similar to the Rule of Cool and Rule of Sexy, the Rule of Cute applies when something that wouldn't normally be included is, for the purpose of making the subject cuter. This is often seen in single panels of manga or scenes of anime, as well as fanart, to enhance the cuteness of the character in question, even if they don't normally have one. I believe Lucky Star makes use of this quite a lot (haven't watched it in a while, forgive me if I'm wrong).

Another reason could be that the character has an animal motif, aka is an animal girl (<3), for example Wendy from Fairy Tail has the animal motif of a dragon, being a Dragon Slayer (mage who uses magic designed to combat dragons), and is often seen with a visible, if not prominent fang. Natsu and Gajeel, her fellow Dragon Slayers, also have prominent fangs. Milliana, a catgirl from the same series, also has a small fang, though that's also Rule of Cute. Or maybe Rule of Sexy...

I hope that explains it. Now, back to anime.

Torwulf

03-26-2013

^ Aw yeah. Only just realised that I didn't actually summon Talon, though.

SkeithGotBanned

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Ears View Post
*Runs in*

Nono, I'm here, just been watching anime.

*Er-hem*

There are actually multiple reasons for anime characters to have a small, visible fang (or more than one, and it's not just limited to females), the most common of which is known simply as Rule of Cute.

Similar to the Rule of Cool and Rule of Sexy, the Rule of Cute applies when something that wouldn't normally be included is, for the purpose of making the subject cuter. This is often seen in single panels of manga or scenes of anime, as well as fanart, to enhance the cuteness of the character in question, even if they don't normally have one. I believe Lucky Star makes use of this quite a lot (haven't watched it in a while, forgive me if I'm wrong).

Another reason could be that the character has an animal motif, aka is an animal girl (<3), for example Wendy from Fairy Tail has the animal motif of a dragon, being a Dragon Slayer (mage who uses magic designed to combat dragons), and is often seen with a visible, if not prominent fang. Natsu and Gajeel, her fellow Dragon Slayers, also have prominent fangs. Milliana, a catgirl from the same series, also has a small fang, though that's also Rule of Cute. Or maybe Rule of Sexy...

I hope that explains it. Now, back to anime.
Rule of Retard

Animal Ears

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeithGotBanned View Post
Rule of Retard
You seem mad, bro. Let me help you with that.

As you can see, this girl is a cat, so the fang is part of her motif, but the fang is also there for Rule of Cute.

Attachment 646128

Better Ban Talon

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torwulf View Post
^ Aw yeah. Only just realised that I didn't actually summon Talon, though.
Now see if you looked on the 2nd page harder

SkeithGotBanned

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Ears View Post
You seem mad, bro. Let me help you with that.

This girl is a cat, so the fang is part of her motif, but the fang is also there for Rule of Cute.

Attachment 646128
This girl is a cat? You mean she's Bastet?

Doesn't look like it.

Animal Ears

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Ban Talon View Post
Now see if you looked on the 2nd page harder
He meant you posted before him, nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeithGotBanned View Post
This girl is a cat? You mean she's Bastet?

Don't look like it.
Not all catgirls are Egyptian goddesses... That's Chen, from Touhou.

Though I wasn't telling the entire truth - to be exact she's actually a nekomata. I just said cat because it's easier to understand, I don't think most people know what a nekomata is.

It's close enough, though.