Ping Spike

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KorporalKilla

03-25-2013

Since the day I started playing League of Legends, I have had at MOST 60-80 ping. I average about 20-30 ping a game. My ping is so low, that I never even bothered to look at it or to know what it was.

Then, within the past 2-3 weeks, in game I suddenly cannot move or attack. I check my ping and for some reason it is above 1000. A minute or two goes by and it goes back to normal. Then, a critical team fight is about to happen and the ping spikes above 2-3000. I've seen it get so bad that, yes, it was over 9000. It gets so bad that often times I have to disconnect-reconnect several times. It's so bad I can't even play this game.

As funny as the pun is, it's not very funny when those games are ranked games and everyone and their mom throws a tantrum when the game is lost due to these ping spikes.

I want an explanation, a fix, immunity from tribunal punishments from these particular games and/or my lost ranked points due to these random and disabling ping spikes.

Shïren

03-26-2013

You are not the only one this is happening to. It seems about half the community is having these issues yet riot hasn't made even a notice saying they see that we are having issues are at least trying to fix them. If they don't at least do that soon they're going to lose about half their community.

deirin

03-26-2013

note that low spec computer can cause *lag* in game...you should show a dxdiag and tell your computer spec...so that they can tell its not your computer...
example:
1gig mmory card
etc...

KorporalKilla

03-26-2013

It's not "lag", it's network latency.

It's not my computer. But you want some specs? Okay.

- Windows Home 7 Premium 64-bit
- AMD Phenom II x4 955 processor 3.2GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
- 16387MB RAM
- DirectX 11

Pretty cool, huh?

BabyTossinBandit

03-26-2013

I average 60-80 ms, today I started to shoot up 200 - 1000

mag215

03-26-2013

Glad to see i'm not the only person having this issue.

I started noticing it last night, have great internet and have done Speedtest.net and Pingtest.net and both came back fine.

I'll average 75 FPS and 60-80 ms then it just shoots up to 110-1000

vGDivine

03-26-2013

I'm also having this issue.. it's quite frustraiting.

vGDivine

03-26-2013

I am also having this issue, it's extremely annoying. I sit at 90-100 ping at all times. Since the most recent match I've seen these spikes happening.