[FIXED or is it?] The Black Screen of DEATH after Champ select (firewall)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HMIAV

08-04-2014

For those of you Mac users (like me) suffering from the black screen after champion select, I have found a fix (sort of)! The fix is to turn on a VPN service provider when playing League of Legends (ex: Astrill).

HOWEVER, the problem now is that I am constantly getting 400+ ping and have to reconnect 3 or 4 times every match. In simple words, it's pretty much unplayable. I'm not really good with tech stuff, but I am going to conclude that the problem is not within Riot, but within us (our internet to be more specific).

As a tech koala, and I don't know what my VPN is doing that allows me to bypass the Black Screen of DEATH. Any tech genius or Riot support staff knows what's up?

Crinzon

08-05-2014

Just press enter after the black screen comes. I know this sounds weird and I don't know why but it'll solve this latest issue!

HMIAV

08-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crinzon View Post
Just press enter after the black screen comes. I know this sounds weird and I don't know why but it'll solve this latest issue!
Been there, done that, doesn't help...

Summoner Mitch

09-05-2014

Any word on a fix? exact same problem.. Ive contacted Riot to try to get a fix, or solution, or anything. No response thus far. Ill let you know if i get anything back.

Summoner Mitch

09-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summoner Mitch View Post
Any word on a fix? exact same problem.. Ive contacted Riot to try to get a fix, or solution, or anything. No response thus far. Ill let you know if i get anything back.
Hey i got the fix!! All you have to do is press [enter]. Its that simple. Go through champion select, wait for the black screen to pop up, wait a couple seconds, then press [enter]. And the loading screen pops up and you are in game! (I recommend trying this on a custom game first to prevent AFK, and bans to follow, just incase it doesn't happen to be the fix for you)

Dehrock

09-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summoner Mitch View Post
Hey i got the fix!! All you have to do is press [enter]. Its that simple. Go through champion select, wait for the black screen to pop up, wait a couple seconds, then press [enter]. And the loading screen pops up and you are in game! (I recommend trying this on a custom game first to prevent AFK, and bans to follow, just incase it doesn't happen to be the fix for you)
Thank you so much dude, this worked for me. I know that this is probably only a short term thing but thanks, i couldn't play for 4 days looking all over for a solution. you're awesome

DT Fate

4 Weeks Ago

Thank you SO MUCH!!!! This fixed the issue for me! I haven't been able to play for 2 weeks! Thank you so much sir you just made my day