FPS Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CharlieTeutonic

11-04-2010

Hey Riot and fellow mac testers. Quick question. I've got a macbook pro with these stats:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

In game, I'm getting about 20-30 fps in a lane, fewer in teamfights with graphics set to low across the board, no shadows. I read through the system specs for LoL and my computer fits well with in it. Is this typical, or is there something I can do to up the frame rate?

Thanks all.

Turkey Farmer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

What is your graphics card? Your other specs look alright. Are you going wireless or wired? What is the size of your screen? Oh and tell me how old it is?

CharlieTeutonic

11-05-2010

17 in screen with a GeForce 9600M w/ 512MB of VRAM. i forget the exact resolution I'm running the game at, but i think it is like set to 1152X720. All low settings save shadows, which is turned off. I use a wired connection.

To me, that frame rate just seems low for the system requirements that i've seen on the LoL Knowledge Base, especially because my computer is more towards the recommended requirements than the minimum requirements. But, I am far from a computer scientist, so that's why I'm asking.

Turkey Farmer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2010

Well looking at your specs, I would say setting your resolution in the game as high as it can go. Then set everything at default, which I believe is medium. I've had the same problem with WoW, I run everything at low, but my FPS still shows 30 fps. When I increased my in game graphics, my fps went to 60 and eventually 90 FPS. I think its called wasting power on your mac. Its like if you have one little desk light lit in your entire house at night, its pretty dark am I right? But if you put on more lights, your house get brighter. Your wasting your computers power and capability. Try putting your settings at medium and tell me how it works out. Oh and don't forget to put ur resolution at the max.

CharlieTeutonic

11-05-2010

Lol, that doesn't make sense at all ;-P its slow because its feeling useless. A "come on coach, put me in the game," moment. I'll give it a shot. Thanks

Mo shaggin

11-05-2010

you can also try hiding the launcher and pvp.net when you get to the load screen. This helps my load times and gave me about 5-10 more fps

DBChill

Recruiter

11-05-2010

This is one of the only problems I have been running into. Low FPS and slow load times while starting the game.

havell

11-07-2010

Try to set up manually the fps rate to 80, in my imac rise the fps from 25 to 45 on line.
Ah, and i changed the resolution to 1024x768 graphs low and the game was on 45 fps too so i think that the client isn't right config.