How do "you" play Gangplank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arczer

11-04-2010

Denyplank and rush Infinity Edge

Endgame build:

Mercury Treads, Infinity Edge, Atma's Impaler, Ghostblade, Frozen Mallet, Brutalizer (Elixers)

Tanky/Crit

Jezvin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2010

I play full crit plank

crit chance quints/marks usually mana/5 per level everything else

doran shield/ring
avarice
boots 1
3x agi cloak
merc treads
sell dorans, buy BF sword
IE
vampire scepter
Atma's

after this point just kinda get what you like, defense items are pretty good.

Brutalizer or PD(only if you need to sell the avarice for item slot)
BV is good also

I just get 80%+ crit as fast as possible, it is comparable to an IE rush.

Penisbutter

11-05-2010

in order of what i get:

health pot + sapphire crystal --> tear of the goddess
boots of swiftness
manamune (from tear of the goddess...adds more damage to parrrley than you would think)
infinity edge
youmuu's ghostblade
bloodthirster(s) if the game gets this far

21/0/9, arp reds, mp5/level yellows, cdr blues, flat health quints

been very successful with this build recently

edit: DON'T stack avarice blades, it's not cost effective or smart (your crits do nothing) and prioritize parrrley, not raise morale...just tower hump if you have to and stick with a partner, last hitting minions with parrrley for the gold bonus and using it to harass enemies

i don't understand these raise morale supporters, pushing as gangplank (especially by yourself) will get you destroyed........ult > parrrley > remove scurvy > raise morale might just be my playstyle but i very rarely auto attack with gangplank, it's a recipe for death...also, maxing heal before raise morale helps with your survivability a lot

Revolver Ocelot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2010

Start with anything of your choosing - if your lacking hp a doran, maybe a meki even a long sword. Its all good.

Buy like 3 avarice blades, then an exec calling. Then jsut keep farming until you can buy an IE.

Yes your squishy, but you hit HARD,

After the IE, you can try for Blood Thirsters to hit really hard, Phantom Dancer for more conistency or another IE for a bit o both. Sell avarice's as needed.

Items to avoid: Atma. Its horrible, you dont have enough hp, crit is kinda low and its expensive.
Sheen - its okay but it buffs the base damage of your parrley not the base damage+ your attack damage.

Really just get lots of damage and crit and faceroll people.

Start with Raise morale and start at a base tower. Immediatly kill a caster minion when you start and follow the minion wave, killing another one when you can.

Exothermic Kiwi

11-05-2010

Meki pendant, dont worry about health, no-one will **** with you.

Go back when you have 1.5k, get your 2 blades, possibly a ward for more laning control, then farm farm farm, last hitting with parrrley (max it), using ult for assists/kills when theres a fight, hiho IE

GhostDieM

11-05-2010

I bought GP so I might not be the best person to give advice but I find the following build works for me so far:

Philo stone
Boots of speed
Youmuu’s
Inf Edge/Phage
Inf Edge/Phage
Phantom Dancer

If your team is dominating go IE first, if not go phage for more survivability and chasing power. Sometimes I buy a cloak first before building phage. I've got crit chance and cd runes with this. Max parrley first and by the time you have youmuu's + cloak you'll have some sick dam on short cd.
Btw with GP's speed and boots you'll won't die unless much unless you have bad positioning and/or map awareness. Just farming early to mid game seems to work best. As I said I'm figuring things out myself but these are my first impressions.

Edit: Might be worth mentioning that I'm not a big fan of rushing items (like IE) as I like to do sustained damage throughout the game. GP is one of the few champs rushing items actually works on because he farms up quite fast

Smellis

11-05-2010

You know I havn't tried manamune on GP, i'll have to do that. It does give phys carries who need to spam their skills quite a bit of mana and AD for the cost. Also lol @ the guy who said no one will **** with GP. When you have 2k hp and no defense you WILL be focused not matter how strong your parrrley is

Exothermic Kiwi

11-05-2010

During laning..
sigh

gallantgreg

11-05-2010

Recently I've been using my weird build occasionally to some success.

Dorans Ring
Ghostblade
Boots (don't like merc treads since I already have free cleanse)
Phage
Atma
Phage-Frozen Mallet
Banshees Veil
any damage/crit/lifesteal item after depending on the game.

Over 50% crit after building Atmas due to runes and masteries.
Can run in and whack stuff melee cuz you aren't super squishy.
GP's main damage skill is on a short cooldown (since you have Ghostblade) so if you survive longer you can do more damage in a similar way to how Vlad deals more damage over time.

ChasmGasm

11-05-2010

brawler's glove + hp pot
avarice + boots1
brutalizer
boots2 + infinity edge
ghostblade + brutalizer
Atma's
Banshee's

red: armorpen
blue: mp5/5
yellow: mp5/5
quint: armorpen

and yea, farm farm farm
if everybody is super tanky you could get a last whisper instead of the 2nd brutalizer