How do "you" play Gangplank?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrToasty

11-04-2010

I've tried him as Critplank (fun, but I die instantly) and Tankplank(fun and I live), but haven't found a strong build as of yet. So.... how do "you" play him to actually be useful to his team? Looking for guidance here.

Edit notes: I'm working my way down the list trying many of these builds. Updates to follow.

11/4/10 - Tried Blasian's build, worked quite well. I was a class cannon but I did do some good damage end game. Had trouble living though in certain battles though. Will try again to see if experience helps.

11/5/10 - Well, just tried AP Gankplank and it was a BLAST. I dominated. 10-4-7 or something like that. With only 27% CDR I was still quite hard to kill as I would heal half my health, especially after I got Spirit Visage. The cannon barrage was deadly as well and truly changed team fights. I went for whatever enemy healed themself to deny 50% of their healing power, then focused on low hp enemies. Basically I was an off tank support player. Must try this build again.

11/5/10 - I have to admit, this guide's Gankplank build is very rocking. I was two shotting many a person this night. Currently like it the best of the ones I've tried. Though AP still makes me smile. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...26#post2919126

Ozy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

I haven't seen an Auraplank in quite some time. Tankplank seems like it's the best build at the moment.

CrimsonRipper

11-04-2010

very poorly.

Blasian

11-04-2010

Play him as crit.

Dorans Ring + 2 Health Potions
Boots 1
Avarice Blade
Cloak of Agility
Infinity Edge
Boots 2
Atmas
Yoomu's

You should get the IE by around 17 - 21 minutes. Your crits are hitting 900+ as soon as you pick it up. Just two shot everything. This build works well in mid ELO (1600 and below).

Skill Order : Get Raise Morale First, Then Prioritize Cannon Barrage -> Parrley -> Remove Scurvy -> Raise Morale.

Edit:// DON'T STOP FARMING UNTIL YOU REACH THAT IE. Farming comes first. Support your team with your ulti if needed but keep on farming.

MrToasty

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasian View Post
Play him as crit.

Dorans Ring + 2 Health Potions
Boots 1
Avarice Blade
Cloak of Agility
Infinity Edge
Boots 2
Atmas
Yoomu's

You should get the IE by around 17 - 21 minutes. Your crits are hitting 900+ as soon as you pick it up. Just two shot everything. This build works well in mid ELO (1600 and below).

Skill Order : Get Raise Morale First, Then Prioritize Cannon Barrage -> Parrley -> Remove Scurvy -> Raise Morale.

Edit:// DON'T STOP FARMING UNTIL YOU REACH THAT IE. Farming comes first. Support your team with your ulti if needed but keep on farming.
Trying this now, thanks.

xahhfink6

11-04-2010

Tanky Crit:
Meki Pendant
->Chalice
1 Avarice Blade
1 Heart of Gold
Mercury Treads
Infinity Edge
Vamp Scepter
->Youmuu's Ghostblade
Executioner's Calling
->Randuin's omen

Smellis

11-04-2010

I try to play him a little tankier. Chalice/merc treads then frozen mallet farming after i get IE. Lets face it gankplank can get w/e the hell he wants in a game.

agherwyijogkj

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

shoot the pistol. many, many times.

Temlam

11-04-2010

I play ap tank. pain in the ass to kill, very painful ultimate, sheen/lichbane procs that still do physical damage in the mid hundreds, usually i have a rylais not for the slow but the ap and health, plus they're decent first items to get.

I find even tho they dont do much damage, you can auto attack very well as an ap plank and keep people form healing, running is your specialty and it's usually being chased from key memebers of the enemy that benefits your team greatly. Plus ap plank is very good 1 v 1 because of his kiting ability.

I tend to rush sheen with a close rylais second, go stright for zhonyas or get a spirit visage depending on how much burst the enemy team has. Generally I just go an ap build you'd find on anyone with lichbane core.

Chingmeister

11-04-2010

AP with Lichbane/Sorc Shoes/Void Staff/Zhonyas/Rylais

You can RNG people 100-0 with your ult regardless of their MR. It is hilarious.

Alternative build is Tiamatx4, bootsx3, triforce.

12345 ... 6