Buys i7 computer with 3.0 GB grahpics cards, lags on medium settings

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
no
Well, that would be why it isn't fixed yet. =D

You could always buy a new system too!

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Well, that would be why it isn't fixed yet. =D

You could always buy a new system too!

I could always throw this thing on the trash and live the short rest of my pathetic life without wasting even more time on internet as well.

none of those are happening though.

CptCupCakez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Could be your power supply isn't big enough. I had an expensive card that didn't perform well turns out the power supply wasn't providing enough power to it. Sounds like you have a pretty demanding computer. Put your components into this and see if you have enough power.

http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell...age-Calculator

Kinvaras666

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCupCakez View Post
Could be your power supply isn't big enough. I had an expensive card that didn't perform well turns out the power supply wasn't providing enough power to it. Sounds like you have a pretty demanding computer. Put your components into this and see if you have enough power.

people who won't even read....
GG

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCupCakez View Post

He is using a laptop, an HP Dv series. They were known for overheating, as the FoxCon produced heatsink and fan assembly was subpar, as well as the vents themselves.

HP issued a recall on tens of thousands of the units, but there was a limited window to claim the recall and have the system replaced or repaired. Those that are outside of that window have had the most success, assuming permanent damage hasn't been done, with new thermal compound and/or a vent mod.

Kinvaras666

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
He is using a laptop, an HP Dv series. They were known for overheating, as the FoxCon produced heatsink and fan assembly was subpar, as well as the vents themselves.

HP issued a recall on tens of thousands of the units, but there was a limited window to claim the recall and have the system replaced or repaired. Those that are outside of that window have had the most success, assuming permanent damage hasn't been done, with new thermal compound and/or a vent mod.

I believe he was replying to OP

Tragalo

03-25-2013

Turn power save mode to high performance GG done.

Also since it's an HD 7970M there is a fix out there with their version of Optimus technology that you have to disable something to get the performance. It's set for ultra low power consumption IE low performance.

Dryad Soraka

03-26-2013

Honest mistake really, have fun with your better performance :~)