Buys i7 computer with 3.0 GB grahpics cards, lags on medium settings

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolf Un1t

03-25-2013

Warning: cool story bro ahead

This is a thread explaining how dumb I am, and a fail on whoever pre-built this computer. I bought a computer about a year ago, a very powerful one might I add, with 16 GB of RAM and the same specs you see in the title. However, whenever I tried to play league, it only ran at 30 FPS. I expected this computer to run it at 120 at the very least. Also, the FPS would drop below 30 in team fights. I also tried to play skyrim, but it lagged beyond unplayability on the lowest settings.

I also started starcraft 2 about a week ago, and have the same problem, lagging on the lowest settings possible. I'm so frusterated at this point, paid so much money for a computer that can't even game. I directed my anger towards my radeon graphics card, and tried to go into the CCC to try to fix whatever the hell was wrong with it. However, I could not find the CCC! or the AMD or anything of that sort!

Breakthrough. Whoever built my computer didn't install the freaking radeon driver yet, I found out that I was using Intel (HD) graphics family the whole time. FML! using a weak graphics card for a year when I had a 3 GB card all along! Needless to say I can run every game on the highest settings once I installed the AMD TODAY!

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

gg

But, to be honest, I am forced to play with my intel HD graphics because otherwise it overheats and turns off.

I still get 45-50 fps

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Un1t View Post
Warning: cool story bro ahead

This is a thread explaining how dumb I am, and a fail on whoever pre-built this computer. I bought a computer about a year ago, a very powerful one might I add, with 16 GB of RAM and the same specs you see in the title. However, whenever I tried to play league, it only ran at 30 FPS. I expected this computer to run it at 120 at the very least. Also, the FPS would drop below 30 in team fights. I also tried to play skyrim, but it lagged beyond unplayability on the lowest settings.

I also started starcraft 2 about a week ago, and have the same problem, lagging on the lowest settings possible. I'm so frusterated at this point, paid so much money for a computer that can't even game. I directed my anger towards my radeon graphics card, and tried to go into the CCC to try to fix whatever the hell was wrong with it. However, I could not find the CCC! or the AMD or anything of that sort!

Breakthrough. Whoever built my computer didn't install the freaking radeon driver yet, I found out that I was using Intel (HD) graphics family the whole time. FML! using a weak graphics card for a year when I had a 3 GB card all along! Needless to say I can run every game on the highest settings once I installed the AMD TODAY!
Don't feel stupid at all, this is very common. When you buy something, you expect it to work and be ready...

I still have people I deal with that can't figure out why their mouse isn't working.....turns out they haven't even turned on the computer.

Another great one, I had an elderly lady using the mouse as a foot pedal, like on a sewing machine. Her and I both got a laugh out of it, as her logic was sound...It looked a lot like a pedal of a sewing machine, and she thought everything was "touch screen these days".

Wolf Un1t

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Don't feel stupid at all, this is very common. When you buy something, you expect it to work and be ready...

I still have people I deal with that can't figure out why their mouse isn't working.....turns out they haven't even turned on the computer.

Another great one, I had an elderly lady using the mouse as a foot pedal, like on a sewing machine. Her and I both got a laugh out of it, as her logic was sound...It looked a lot like a pedal of a sewing machine, and she thought everything was "touch screen these days".
I have to admit, that last one was hilarious

Wolf Un1t

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
gg

But, to be honest, I am forced to play with my intel HD graphics because otherwise it overheats and turns off.

I still get 45-50 fps
Overheats? have you tried getting a cooling system for your comp?

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Un1t View Post
Overheats? have you tried getting a cooling system for your comp?

oh... there is a huge thread about it somewhere on ot....

just leave it alone >_>

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-25-2013

Quote:
oh... there is a huge thread about it somewhere on ot....

just leave it alone >_>
Nerd twitch is itching...

What type of system do you have? It doesn't happen to be an HP Dv series laptop is it?

Kinvaras666

03-25-2013

Quote:
Nerd twitch is itching...

What type of system do you have? It doesn't happen to be an HP Dv series laptop is it?

yes, you already answered that thread, and I haven't managed to get my notebook fixed.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-25-2013

Quote:
yes, you already answered that thread, and I haven't managed to get my notebook fixed.
Did you do the vent mod on it? And/Or new thermal compound?

Kinvaras666

03-25-2013

Quote:
Did you do the vent mod on it? And/Or new thermal compound?
no