[Suggestion] - Avatars

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AODRG

03-25-2013

I know this was brought up before, but for those of you new to the forums, here's an idea. Note, this is not an advertisement, simply a suggestion.

Why don't we make avatars a regular thing around here? Would be great to have some people have pictures of their OC or champion up, and I know quite a few of you already have avatars up.

Now you may be wondering "Avatars? How could you possibly have that without becoming a red name or have a billion refers?"

Here's the answer to that: Forum Enhancer Kit by Worre.

It is a unique script that modifies the LoL Forums for the user so they can check their posts and threads, automatically watch youtube clips linked, and most of all, upload an avatar for everyone (who has FEK installed) to see.

There is one catch - it really only works with Chrome and Firefox right now. But unless you're a die-hard internet explorer fan, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Here's the simple way to get avatars to work:

• Install FEK on your prefered browser (or both if you want)
  • create a new user with the same EXACT name as it is shown on the forums ((I.E - …zrŽal instead of Ezreal...yes the accent marks count.))
  • Upload the picture you want.
  • smile and give cookies.

• Note - It may not work right until you restart your browser. Also the avatar may not show if you post using the quick reply.

Any questions? Ask the creater in his thread - http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3725383

Also, to add to the need for FEK, it will automatically emblem youtube links for faster enjoyment of those amazing vids. Plus you can also search anyone's (even your own) posts and threads simply by clicking their picture. So you can keep up with all threads you've recently posted in, and search around for old threads you created long ago.

Kameil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

I can be one to say it's quite an interesting program. Installed it back a while when it was brought up. My only irk about it is why they decided to make the picture larger... My avatar is so pixel and stuff D:

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Kameil: There's an option you can do to make it show at 80x80, at least that is the case with the Chrome version. Whether everyone other browser has that I am not sure.

Oh, you can also search your own/other people's posts if you click on your avatar. :3

Ebonmaw Dragon

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODRG View Post
There is one catch - it really only works with Chrome and Firefox right now. But unless you're a die-hard internet explorer fan, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
It works with Comodo Dragon and Ice Dragon too

(Yes i use weird explorers.... but DRAGONS!!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

in fact i used IE before this.... (Yeah, kill me :X )
Until i found the DRAGON explorer on the thread of FEK

Kameil

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
Kameil: There's an option you can do to make it show at 80x80, at least that is the case with the Chrome version. Whether everyone other browser has that I am not sure.

Oh, you can also search your own/other people's posts if you click on your avatar. :3
I don't think it's on the Firefox version... But I guess I'll look around.

TheOneTrueWaifu

03-25-2013

My firefox version seems to have just stopped working altogether, despite redownloading, updating etc etc.

Leo the yordle

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameil View Post
I don't think it's on the Firefox version... But I guess I'll look around.
Google Chrome is unquestionably superior.

I would use an avatar myself, but I can't think of a picture that would suit me.

AODRG

03-25-2013

You'd have to install greesemonkey first before installing the script to firefox.

Colonel qt

03-25-2013

I can't get avatars to work, gifs are too big, jpegs are too rare, and it says png's don't work.

AODRG

03-25-2013

well make your own and save it as a jpg. or send it to me and I'll do it ^_^