Dominion Elo Tiers (and how to beat them!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torkable

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingstreet View Post
give me numbers that prove exhaust is better on swain and fiddle please. xin i would agree. i really cant see how exhaust would be better vs fiddle at all. not to mention there is usually an overabundance of exhaust or garrison top. if you arent communicating over voice chat then lots of those get blown on the same target.
exhaust is better than ignite in almost every scenario.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkable View Post
exhaust is better than ignite in almost every scenario.
proof please. i have no trouble being wrong but i want to know why i am wrong. don't get me wrong i would much prefer to take exhaust. but when you solo q and the team has 2 exhausts and a garrison top or vice versa i don't think you are hurting the team any taking a healing prevention summoner spell. i agree, it's only good for certain situations and that was what i was saying from the start.

TrololololoNoob

03-28-2013

Talon and Jayce bot for me have been a breeze when I 1) stay back and push the lane, 2) wait for a gank, and 3) get a brutalizer.

Jarvan top is very effective even if you don't have a very good team. Trapping them on your point and allowing your ranged to do the damage and get the kills is so fun.

kavi

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waii Nosferatu View Post
Good to see new blood adding to the dominion community, great stuff!

For Lower Elos, I would add...
1. Don't panic. When the points are ticking down, you need have a calm mind which can be hard to master.
2. Communication is Key
3. Learn the Rules of Engagement/ Capping

For high elo, I would add...

1. Knowing how/when to use revive, and timing the opponent's revive is huge.
2. you already touched on it, but knowing how to position is sooo important along with strong mechanics and knowing how to grab an opportunity when it knocks. You need good decision making as well as a quick reaction time for this mode
3. Not just knowing how to build for your champ, but how to COUNTER BUILD the other team is important.
4.Farming. Surprisingly, it actually makes a pretty big difference end game, and not a lot of people realize that. The difference can be having a BF sword or an I.E. But choosing the right balance between Capping, Grouping, and Farming is what makes a top player IMO.
Yeah. If there's continued interest in this thread I will separate out the tiers into smaller groups and add some of this. Thanks

Quote:
proof please. i have no trouble being wrong but i want to know why i am wrong. don't get me wrong i would much prefer to take exhaust. but when you solo q and the team has 2 exhausts and a garrison top or vice versa i don't think you are hurting the team any taking a healing prevention summoner spell. i agree, it's only good for certain situations and that was what i was saying from the start.
I think in solo queue this might be a good idea, especially as double garrisoning or double exhausting is very common. And yes, the healing reduction can be very good.

Personally I've never been a huge fan of ignite even on Summoner's Rift, and I'm quite happy for the team not to have one, and in top tier Dom they usually don't. But if you find it's working for you, it's not the worst summoner to have in your arsenal; definitely better than heal, arguably better than shield if you have a team comp built for assaulting more than defending.

Volandum

03-29-2013

Quote:
is it better than the healing debuff and dmg from ignite? cuz im under the impression it isn't. nevermind not even close... ignite makes you heal 50% less and take (50 + 20 level) true damage over 5s. so no, exhaust is nowhere near as good vs champs like fiddle.

edit: may be closer then i expect due to the dmg reduce on exhaust effecting heal.
Exhaust also reduces their damage output from EVERYTHING, greatly reducing the health shift on Drain. e.g. at lv9 rk5 drain with about 100 ap will do 1125 or so damage and heal for about 750 (dom aura), assuming you've gone a pen build, for a shift of about 1.9k, exhaust will reduce both by 30%, taking the shift down to 1.4k, ignite will reduce the healing by half and do 230 or so damage, taking the shift down to about 1.4k also. But that's just the drain. It is utterly vital that you exhaust his Crowstorm if he lands it to avoid a team wipe. Besides, you can CC the drain but not the crowstorm.

The calculation is WAY stronger for Swain, as most of his combo damage does not come from his ultimate, and it's actually not that much sustain in a 1v1.

Basically ignite is really really situational.

Birthday Deluxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2013

I think the only time I'd take ignite over exhaust or garrison would be if the other team had a really tanky and sustainy champion like Warwick and there was also something about my team comp to make me worry that just omnomnomicon and Exec's wouldn't cut it or be feasible for dealing with his sustain.

wingstreet

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
Exhaust also reduces their damage output from EVERYTHING, greatly reducing the health shift on Drain. e.g. at lv9 rk5 drain with about 100 ap will do 1125 or so damage and heal for about 750 (dom aura), assuming you've gone a pen build, for a shift of about 1.9k, exhaust will reduce both by 30%, taking the shift down to 1.4k, ignite will reduce the healing by half and do 230 or so damage, taking the shift down to about 1.4k also. But that's just the drain. It is utterly vital that you exhaust his Crowstorm if he lands it to avoid a team wipe. Besides, you can CC the drain but not the crowstorm.

The calculation is WAY stronger for Swain, as most of his combo damage does not come from his ultimate, and it's actually not that much sustain in a 1v1.

Basically ignite is really really situational.
exactly what i wanted to know man ty.

Volandum

03-30-2013

Like I said in chat I forgot exhaust's half the duration, but still the health shift will only basically favour ignite by the true damage it does, so not really worth it.

Wolf Un1t

03-30-2013

I think jayce belongs in 2000+

I may be just bad, but I have never had an ally who could handle jayce bot lane, and anyone that switched would also be owned by jayce (dude, what is up with his late-game scaling? It's almost like vayne status). Plus it's not difficult for him to get away from a gank.He has a knocback, gap closer and speed boost. Not to mention that long range cannon that can keeo people off point

WhoopsiGoldburg

03-30-2013

Thanks, I stumbled into this thread read through it along with the link to sauron's. Gave it a try a couple weeks ago and been playing it pretty much exclusively

I've won entire games at probably the 1100-1200 bracket with minimal team work. Poppy panth and eve go bonkers when they get ahead.